No announcement yet.

Downpipes still available for lz4/lz9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downpipes still available for lz4/lz9?

I haven't been able to find any local shops just outside Memphis to build me a downpipe for my 2008 Uplander 3.9 (LZ9) so I was wondering if anyone knows of any online vendors that make them?

Overkill Tuning told me Magnaflow made a 2.5" downpipe for the LZ4 3.5 which should fit my LZ9 but I can't find them anywhere.

I've tried contacting ZZP but no response yet and Milzy doesn't seem to make any exhaust parts (or anything really) for the LZ4/LZ9.

It seems the downpipes for the LX9 run about $200 for the LX9 which I would pay if I could find one for my engine.

There's a corvette performance shop in Memphis that's about an hour away that I could try but just trying to eliminate any easier solutions first since it is my daily driver.

I know the answer is probably 'NO' but thought I'd ask anyway, thanks guys!

FWIW the van's stock catback calipers 2.5" OD throughout, though Rockauto and other sites list replacement piping and mufflers at 2.25", not sure about that...

Jeremy

A local exhaust shop can't make you one?

Comment

They all tell me 'What good will a bigger downpipe do? You won't feel it a difference, waste of time and money. You need a performance shop for that anyway'....sad when you can't even pay people to do something fairly simple....the downpipe is less than 6" long from the manifold to the converter, more like 4" probably and there's tons of clearance under the uplander. I forgot there's a local performance racing/engine shop a few miles away so I'll call and see if they know an exhaust shop that will do it. Maybe I just wasn't talking to the right people.

Next on the list will be to replace the 30"+ muffler with perhaps a smaller magnaflow unit or maybe a long 4" or 6" round straight through muffler, I dunno. The stock exhaust on this LZ9 has a decent little burble at idle but is dead silent cruising/accelerating. I don't want a raspy race van wannabe sound but would like to squeeze a little more power with a freer flowing muffler and larger downpipe to match the rest of the 2.5" stock system without making the van drone or obnoxious.

Comment

Working...
      X