coils and injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coils and injectors

hello everyone i just had a performance build done on a LHO 3.1 and i need to know if anyone can tell me what the best coils and injectors are that i can get to support my motor well
    thanks
    jayme
    I Like V660s
    Does Chevy make beer
    ~Jayme~

Stock coils are just fine, and unless you reprogram the computer to match new injectors, you will just be hurting performance. Give us a few ideas of what was done to the motor to see if new injectors are really worth it.
    26+6=1

Comment

ok it would take me too long to explain the build on the motor but the only thing stock now are the heads valves and pushrods
      and i know that the stock coild get weak after about 5000 rpms and there is a fuel deficiency
      I Like V660s
      Does Chevy make beer
      ~Jayme~

Comment

Originally posted by rave
        ok it would take me too long to explain the build on the motor
        You have to be kidding me... well then, it would take me even longer to try to figure out what kind of fuel injectors you would need by not knowing a damn thing about what has been done to the motor! That's like asking me to pick out the single red ballon in a pitch black room filled to the top with ballons....

the only thing stock now are the heads valves and pushrods
        Hmm... usually heads are an integral part of any rebuild considering you can pick up a large amount of HP by doing work to the heads. Seems odd that you would leave them stock.

i know that the stock coild get weak after about 5000 rpms and there is a fuel deficiency
        Once again, stock coils are fine. If you get the Accel coils, look to be replacing them within a year because they suck. Your other option is the MSD coils, and I have yet to hear much about them. So your only other options are AC Delco or some off brands. Everyone else on here will agree with me and just say stick with AC Delco....
        26+6=1

Comment

Stock coils work just fine on a 3.4 DOHC to 7150 RPM, so I fail to see how they get weak after 5000 RPM. Where did you get this information?

As for the injectors and programming, if you don't want to explain what you have, we can't explain what you need and why.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I agree with sticking to Delco coils or the MSD's.

Stock injectors would be fine. Unless you believe you have significantally increased the flow potential and horsepower output the ECM will adjust. However with a more agressive feul and timing curve you may see added power. But this come with an ECM reprogram or a chip depending on the computer.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

anyone ever heard of the crane fireball coils
              I Like V660s
              Does Chevy make beer
              ~Jayme~

Comment

There is Jacobs coils as well, and people I know using them like them, but I've used bone stock igintion module and coils from 1990 until earlier this year.
                Franz

1990 Z24-NA 3.1L
                14.72 @ 92.24 MPH
                14.89 @ 94.92 MPH

The boost is coming....

Comment

I wasnt aware crane made a DIS coil. I still can't imagine needed over 40k volts per 2 cylinders though.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i run stock Delco coils, just this summer i got rid of the original 250,000km (original 92) wire set...

put on a set of MSD 8.5's..

Stock coils and injectors work fine.

i run bone stock 3.1L injectors on my engine... fuel flow and spark is good enough for my shifting gears at 6200 RPM..

what i think your feeling is the stock 3.1L Gen 2 heads and intakes restricting flow past 5K...

the old LH0 top end is GARGABE!!...
                    Colin
                    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                    90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

I agree, stock Delco coils are fine. Like Ben said, I cant see how you would need more than what stock can put out.
                      Robby Whitesell
                      2006 Pontiac G6 GT
                      1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

ok i guess more than anything i just want to replace my origional 1993 coils with an upgrade because i have money to spend and if i just replaced them stock they would eventually be the only thing not upgraded
                        and as far as the injector i do have a high pressure fuel pump but i plan on putting a vortech blower on my custom motor and cant see the stock injectors flowing enough for all that
                        I Like V660s
                        Does Chevy make beer
                        ~Jayme~

Comment

Well, when you get the vortech blower, you can worry about the injectors. You would have problems if you did that now without reporgramming the computer. You will need to do something about the computer with boost anyway.
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

yes it will be computer tuned at the time of supercharging
                            I Like V660s
                            Does Chevy make beer
                            ~Jayme~

Comment

Working...
                            X