Best cam for a plow truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cam for a plow truck?

I have a '87 S10 with a 2.8 thats being overhauled. Getting stuff ready for the local machine shop. Now its time for me to pick out a cam. I want a cam thats better than stock but not make the ecm throw codes. Most cams i've looked at say not computer compatible, but the website for a.r.i. racing show a couple cams that are computer friendly. http://www.engine-parts.com/gmv6/28camspecs.html Not sure which one to get. Truck has 3.73 gears and will occasionally plow my driveway. Any thoughts?

Comp 260? Sounds like it's mild enough to not upset the computer, and will give you some more grunt. WOT-Tech sells a fairly complete kit, minus gaskets and fasteners.
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

Maybe the GM 3.4 crate engine cam, it is designed for trucks. Don't know if the Chevy dealers still sale them...try an on line search.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Driver View Post
        Maybe the GM 3.4 crate engine cam, it is designed for trucks. Don't know if the Chevy dealers still sale them...try an on line search.
        Basically the same as the Crane Cams 260, IIRC.

Back when I bought mine, I bought the GMPP version, since the specs were the same, but it was about half the price through GMPP.

Comment

Working...
        X