X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno'd my turbo lx9

https://youtu.be/y0SMYdXNGHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQvhvGR142k

530 whp and 437 wtq. I was reving it out to 6500 here and it was still climbing. I am on stock rod bolts so I decided to call it a day right there. People were trying to convince me to go to 7k rpm. If I was naturally aspirated I definitely would have, but at this power level and rpm I didn't trust the stock rod bolts.

Boost was hitting about 16.5 peak, and trailed off to 16 at 6500. The more I reved it, the more hp it wanted to make. I don't know where it would peak, but I am thinking between 6500 and 7k somewhere. If it was still climbing at 7k I would be shocked. If it did, it could be close to
    570 whp. Crazy really.

Loose guestimation but using standard fwd of 12ish percent drivetrain loss that puts it at just under 600 crank hp, or nearly triple the factory crank rating.

This is all on a stock bottom end as well. No intercooler was hooked up, and I am running e85. it tested at e80 at dyno time. Timing was at about 10 degrees base timing. I started at 4 degrees base. I picked up about 20 hp by advancing the timing and around 30 tq or so.

I did NOT use nitrous, so there is still a bit left on the table.

I did couple runs in third gear as the clutch slipped a bit. Highest numbers in third gear was 445 whp and unsure what the tq was.

4th gear pull to 6500 yielded the highest number shown below.

Very nice! Would be interesting to see what kind of # it would run in the 1/4mile...

what cam are you running in it?
    Last edited by 1QUICKHATCH; 02-18-2018, 10:49 PM.
    1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
    1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
    1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
    14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
    9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
    14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Its a wot tech cam. I will have to look up specs but it is designed for an na setup. I think it has a 111 centerline.

Comment

did a test hit with the nitrous but I didn't wind it out. got scared. made about 80 lb ft of tq more because the turbo spooled quicker but only about 30 hp.

Engine might have made 560 whp if I wound it out. Oh well.

Comment

Rod bolts don't care about power...they only care about RPM. Rod bolts break in tension, so you'll see them breaking on the exhaust stroke, not the power stroke. Light rod, light piston, short crank throw, less rod bolt needed to live. Heavy rod, heavy piston, long crank stroke, need more rod bolt to keep it together. Both cases need more rod bolt for more RPM, forces on the rod bolt go up by the square of the velocity.

Rods care about power, but rod bolts do not.

Comment

Snazzy, Mang!
            You're going to swap that into a Citation to really go fast, right?
            Current:
            \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
            \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
            \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

Gone, mostly forgotten:
            \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

Comment

Working...
            X