Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecm and heads question

Ok, so im close on the 3400 miata.

have the engine on the stand for gaskets. Im debating on porting the heads while i have it out and apart (replacing the head gaskets as preventive maintenance. Anything i need to know?)

with a cold air intake, 3500 upper plenum and alero throttle body, long tube header and free flowing exhaust. Would i gain anything to justify the effort?

also, i have a 2001 impala harness and ecm as well as the 04 Buick rendezvous ecm and harness are. Which should i use, and what all besides the engine and trans sensors is the computer looking for? This is a race car, so no worries about gauges/emissions. 5 speed as well, and i will be sending tbe ecm out (whichever one is simplest to use) to get it tuned. So which one do i want to use?

any otger cheap/free power mods i can do?

Give the bowls a quick clean up, deshroud the valves a little (look at the 3500 chambers and you will get a better idea of what to do!) And install some 3500 valves if you have it in the budget!

I don't think that there is much difference in the ecms, you will have to have the vats deleted and the codes for auto trans and probably a few others.
    1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
    1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
    1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
    14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
    9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
    14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Definitely going to look at this.

what k8nd of gains should be anticipated with the headwork (3400 valves. Bigger valves not in budget)

Comment

Working...
      X