No announcement yet.

3500 with stock PCM and no ext trigger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 with stock PCM and no ext trigger.

anyone interested in being a guinea pig? I have ideas that might allow us to run a 3500, with it's coilpack, no ICM, no external crank trigger, and DBC throttle, all using a stock format PCM.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Possibly in a few months once I get my hands on another 3500...
    1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
    1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
    1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
    14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
    9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
    14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

do you have a DHP powertunr that you can flash a bin with?
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Drive By Cable. I didn't know what DBC was at first. So this is for a 3400 computer, not the stock 3500 computer.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

potentially, yes, it now comes down to the cam and crank position sensors. it might work, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Comment

Do you have a jimstim and the jimstimx? If the beta allows the LS trigger to be selected with a V6, I can see what happens that way before putting it on an engine/test stand. Gotta get the test stand setup still, so we will see which happens first:P
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I had a Jimstim, not sure where it is now! I've been thinking about getting another one and a JimstimX for this very reason.

Comment

Working...
              X