Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camaro 3.4V6 roller tip rockers, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro 3.4V6 roller tip rockers, anyone?

I have a 3.4 V6 from a 95 Camaro in my TR6. I would like to add some Comp roller tipped rockers. I called Comp today three times, and three times I got different answers.

Please, has anyone here used roller tipped rockers? I would like to go with the 1.6 ratio. Can somebody please provide me with the correct part number? Also, do I need to use guide plates with these rockers?

Please, guys, this can't be rocket science! I would be very grateful for any help on this...

Thanks,
    joe

Thanks for the info. Cool!

One question: what is the advantage of running the pushrod kit? Are the stock pushrods not good with the rockers?

thanks,
    joe

Comment

I sell these rockers on the store. I have used them on my old 3.1 aluminum head with the pushod guides.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Installed!

comp cams magnum roller rockers 1.6
        high energy pushrods
        260 duration cam
        SI portflow valves
        lunati valve springs seated to 120lbs closed pressure

Last edited by Fedaykin; 08-01-2006, 02:38 AM.

Comment

GREAT!!! That looks awesome....

I see the guidesplates in the picture. Are they the 'stock' guideplates or did you buy them separate?

Please, if you have the Comp part numbers I would REALLY appreciate it. Did you use the 1414-12 1.6 ratio roller tipped rockers?

joe

Comment

yeah...

rockers: COMP-1414.12
            cam: COMP-16.233.4
            springs: LUNATI-73943-12
            head studs: ARP-2334003
            valves: exh SEV-3188, Int SEV-3253

the cam is really a mild cam by performance standards, crane makes some much better cams, i'd get one if I could go back... but I also don't mind not revving that high for now. I got the lunati springs before I did much research either, and they were just a budget solution. they needed a much higher install height and i got a machine shop to machine the seating surfaces down to accomplish this. I went a bit under the rec. install height though to get a little higher seat pressure... crossing my fingers I wont get bind. Also they lunati springs were not that evenly matched....

I also have an underdrive pulley, 180* thermostat, NGK iridium plugs, high flow oil pump.

you emailed me reguarding lack of aftermarket... here are a few websites to get you started.

http://www.ftpp.net/V6Main.htm <--- most the usual stuff can be had here

Comment

I got the 1.6's too. I've put about 25K on them and they are great!
              Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
              fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

WoooHooo!!

Thank you all for the info. I called ftpp.net today and the 1414-12's are on the way. I went ahead and go the pushrods too. Looks like I will be buying me a new cam soon! The info you guys have shared with me is great.

Thank you all much. Josh at ftpp told me today there are many mods to be made to the 3.4.

Comment

Umm, can i see a picture of the car too? motor in it.. or it doing like 160 down a city street..
                  VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
                  VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
                  2.8L Chevette Roadcar
                  3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

Pretty neat! We have one-or-two of these motors in MGBs. Nice to hear about the TR6. Can you post pictures?

-BMC.
                    MG & MGB V6 + V8 Engine Conversion Shop

1982 Chevrolet S10 long box with another L32 SFI!
                    1980 MGB with Camaro L32 3.4L SFI V6
                    2000 Venture 3400 (for her)
                    Spitfire L32 3.4L
                    "Experimentals"
                    and more conversions all the time.

Comment

More togetherness... soon u can see it wedged in a miata.

Comment

1.6 Rockers come standard on the 3.4l in the camaros. im not trying to sound rude, but the only performance gain is the roller tip. Also, less valve train wear

Comment

umm, the rockers on my camaro engine were roller when i yanked them...

Comment

Originally posted by Green1995Camarov6
                            1.6 Rockers come standard on the 3.4l in the camaros. im not trying to sound rude, but the only performance gain is the roller tip. Also, less valve train wear
                            where are you getting your info?

Originally posted by Fedaykin
                            umm, the rockers on my camaro engine were roller when i yanked them...
                            then you didnt have a stock motor, the stockers are stamped steel
                            3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

Working...
                            X