3400 v6 Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 v6 Supercharger

Were can I find the Eaton M62 supercharger for the 3400 v6?

Thanks
    Robert Z.

I really, really don't recommend using the m62 on a 3400. The supercharger is just too small to make a big horsepower gain on an engine of that displacement and that stock hp/tq. You should be able to find a used m90 for sale on ebay. If not, somebody on fiero.nl might have one laying around from a turbo conversion to sell you, or you could get one from a salvage yard off a 3800 supercharged series II.

If you really must get an M62, they came on the 3800 series I engines. Salvage yards will have them, ebay probably would, too. They're not too likely to be found on the fiero forums since few people used the series I engine since it made less horsepower and torque, mainly because of the smaller blower.

I just want to reiterate one more time: please use the m90!
    87 Fiero GT
    2.8 liter v6

Comment

I think he might be talking about the Magnuson kit that includes the M62. Sadly, there were only maybe a dozen kits made, so trying to find one that isn't installed on a GAGT is going to be hard.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Ahhh, okay. I didn't know about any such kit. That explains why anyone would want to put an m62 on there, then.
        87 Fiero GT
        2.8 liter v6

Comment

this is what i found pics of. but if there is something better than this I will go with that.
          thanks all for the info. What is this fiero m90 ?
          I kind want to keep the hood stock like a sleeper. LOL

Comment

The M90 never came on the fiero, I just mentioned the fiero forums because there are quite a few people that swap in the buick 3800 supercharged series II engine into a fiero, then take off the supercharger and turbocharge the engine for even more power.

The number in M90 and M62 is like the displacement on the engine... so the M90 is a much bigger supercharger than the M62. It came stock on ford's 3.8 liter thunderbirds and on some of GM's buicks and the pontiac grand prix gtp (I think)... I'm not sure of what years. Anyway, it's probably the most common supercharger. LOTS of cars were made that utilized the M90.

For size comparison, the M62 is being used on GM's 2.0 or 2.2 liter (I can't recall which) Ecotec engine, whereas, like I said, the M90 comes on 3.8 liter engines from both ford and gm.

It sounds like you want a kit, though. I can't help you there, I've only researched the 3.4 DOHC engine. Any knowledge I have of the pushrod 2.8, 3.1, 3.4, 3100, 3400, etc. is incidental stuff gained by the wayside.
            87 Fiero GT
            2.8 liter v6

Comment

Thanks Brick for the help.

The Supercharger is a Eaton/Magnuson M62 Kit for 3400 V6 and from my research I hear there was only 15 made. so it is going to be hard to find.

Comment

Look under Alero, $3900. This is the one I was looking at.

If that address don't work it's under new products then Alero, from RSM Racing.
                sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
                A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
                Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
                Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
                PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

stay away from that kit. way too many problems for the money. One it's not tuned they take off the MAF and that's it, so the trans runs at high pressure all the time and kills it'self eventually, and the car doesn't run as good since the MAF is missing. Basically the car's in limp mode. Plus the bearings on the shaft setup there they have wears out and can destroy the S/C...
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Thanks thats good info I have a lot of money in my trany and I will have a lot of money in my new 3400 with LS6 parts in it.

I do want to put a S/C in it but I geuss I have to do more hunting for the best thing to put in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Low_Z_Rider_CC

this is what i found pics of. but if there is something better than this I will go with that.
                      thanks all for the info. What is this fiero m90 ?
                      I kind want to keep the hood stock like a sleeper. LOL
                      What kind of charger is this a picture of...the M62 sits on top in place of the UIM,....this is a side stand alone unit....I give up...what is it?

Can you give the cardomain address or member name that owns this car also?

Thanks
                      Chris

Comment

definitely shy away(run at all costs) from the RSM/Z spec kit. i'm betting they changed companies/names due to the fact that they had so much crap wrong with all of the junk they sell.

i ran into a local guy who has their kit on his GAGT. he said the bolts they supplied broke off in the blower, their drive shaft assembly broke on him, the blower ate itself from the inside, and their programming basically disables a bunch of things, including the check engine light, so you THINK it's working but it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by zofo61
                          What kind of charger is this a picture of...the M62 sits on top in place of the UIM,....this is a side stand alone unit....I give up...what is it?
                          Eaton M62. Not all eaton blowers mount to the manifold like the GM versions.
                          '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
                          '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
                          '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
                          '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
                          Originally posted by Aaron
                          This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

yeah, the prototype blower sat sideways in those cars. It was an M62 mated to a custom manifold and custom pulley snout. Good luck finding one, only 14 were made, and I believe there's only 12 currently in currculation with the public.

You might be able to find a really good machine shop that can custom make the manifold and set everything up for you, but it won't be cheap - you can prob figure at least 4-5 grand, not including tuning and all the other squirells involved.

As far as I know, there is yet to be a company that makes this blower set up for, but GM might change that in the future as support in the Grand Am/G6 60*v6 performance market continues to grow. It only took GM about 10 years to release a roots style blower for the Q4 motors, so . . .

It is the nicest looking blower setup you'll likely to see, though.
                            N-body enthusiast:
                            {'87 Grand Am SE - 3.0 90* v6} / {'93 Grand Am LE - 3.3 90* v6}
                            {'98 Grand Am SE - 2.4 Q4} / {'99 Grand Am GT1 - 3400 60* v6}

Current Project:
                            {'90 Chevrolet C1500 Sport 350TBI}

Comment

here is that guys website

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/vbpic...do=hall&u=4130

I am doing the 3100 to 3400 swap in my grand am it is a 94

Comment

Working...
                              X