Cammotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cammotion

I went to cammotion's site and sent them 2, emails from their site.

All I asked was "can you make me a cam for a 2004 3.4 GM Pushrod motor?" They have yet to respond.

anyone else I can go to?
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

How much are you willing to spend and how long do you want to wait?

Crower will do one for ~$800 (half up front before they do anything) and it'll take them ~5-6 months to do it.

At least, that's the cost and timeframe from spring 2002 when I was talking to them about getting one made.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

call Crane (iirc), they used to have blanks for roller cams (just a few months ago). Custom grind would be a little over $400.

Cheaper than Cammotion

*edit, i found the thread...

Last edited by Superdave; 08-14-2006, 08:10 PM.
      Past Builds;
      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
      Current Project;
      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I don't mind the price, I'm just concerned with getting one, in the next few weeks, not months.
        sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
        A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
        Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
        Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
        PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

what about Schneidercams.com ? they make a roller for the 3.1 block. i thought you could interchange cams between 2.8,3.1, and 3x00's. i am just talking about the journal sizes here.
          Last edited by torq455; 08-14-2006, 09:08 PM.
          Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
          fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

They only sell solid roller lifter cams. I doubt that is what he is looking for. Also on their component sheet it says "Call" for part numbers and pricing. Sounds like they make them and price them as needed. Sounds expensive.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

noone thought of milzy? if you are on a time frame, he can prob do it.

Comment

Milzy goes through Cammotion... Might be one reason they aren't responding to you though.
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi
                  Milzy goes through Cammotion... Might be one reason they aren't responding to you though.

Last price quote i got from Milzy on a custom grind was like $480

betterthanyou, if they have the cores for those they can grind them as a hyd roller.. the Crane tech told me they use the same cores... it's just the profiles that are different between the mechanical and hydraulic.
                  Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Crower sometimes is unwilling to do it for certain people for some reason. When I called them back, they said 500.00 and a month to make the cam. Now, I have bought one from them before, so.
                    Curtis
                    91\' Turbo Z24
                    http://www.turboz24.com

Comment

Wholy its like 400-500 for a 3x00 cam? its kinna hard to beleive no company has started to make cams for these engines
                      VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
                      VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
                      2.8L Chevette Roadcar
                      3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

Delta Cam??

Comment

Yea Delta Cams is good. Just regrind the stock one and quit messing around finding some niche supplier. A regrind is just as good will most likely get you the specs you want and be a HELL of alot less.
                          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

I want to try something with an overlap a regrind can't do. Id like to know what kind of price/time frame I can get for 5 custom cams.
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

With the 3500 topend on my 3400, I REALLY want a cam that is HP but streetable, . Ben knows my goals and maybe a group of 3400's can get together and make it less costly.? Keep the thread alive....too many people want one to let it die.

I called Cammotion BEFORE Milzy bought all the 3400 blanks and the #s they gave me "Supercharged" were:

IN: .209
                              Ex: .218

IN LIFT : .489
                              EX LIFT: .542

Lobe Sep: 109

but there is one more spec I cant find and that is the CenterLine Spec:

Ben has these numbers from a thread I got into trouble over a long time ago but I think these are the specs milzy is using for his Stage 2..........?

Comment

Working...
                              X