3400, 3500 IM Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400, 3500 IM Questions

A few questions about a 3400 3500 top end swap on a 96 GA 3100. First, a newbie ? Can someone confirm that the rockers in the pic are roller rockers? I’ve searched a lot on this but I’m still a little confused!! 2. I’ve heard that a 97-99 minivan manifold will have the screw in connecter for the coolant line behind the tstat.. True?? 3. I want to get a 180* tstat. Do I need to get a 3400 specific to fit the manifold, or are they the same? 4. I have the 62mm TB from rsm. Will the adapter from the 60v6 store work? I've researched quite a bit. Just want to confirm a few things before I order parts!!! Thanks
    Attached Files

1. Yes, they are roller rockers.
    2. I think so, but not 100% sure on that one.
    3. All of them are the same.
    4. Again, I am pretty sure, but not 100%... more like 99.9% on this one.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Yes, the minivan lower has the threaded line. I am porting one right now for store inventory:P

The adapter will work and I should have more in stock soon. You might have to modify your IAC hole depending on which TB you have, as well as needing a gasket since you won't be able to use the O ring on the adapter unless you modify your TB to work with it.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Seems there is a coolant pipe that goes to the water pump housing and is supporte by a stud on the stock TB. with the 3500 it gets in the way, so you bend or cut it off I suppose.

I mocked up my 3500 on top of my old 3100 lower, and found that out. I havne't put it on yet as I'm not sure if it's goign on my car or another yet.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
        X