• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

A new page entry has been added:

[drupal=148]Headers[/drupal]

Introduction

I have to start this off with a warning. There are a LOT of calculations and theories when it comes to headers. From the way it has been discussed on various forums lately it is obvious how little they are understood. The links below will be great resources, so read this to get an overview I guess, then tackle the real IN DEPTH theory.
    What are Headers?
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

headers

hello, how can i get a hold of steve ham for a set of headers?
    thanks.

Comment

Nowadays, I think he is near impossible to get ahold of, and probably isn't making them anyway. What engine are you wanting headers for?
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I heard he died. Nice funeral and everybody cried!

Comment

headers

my respects to Steve Hamm. sorry to hear that.

Comment

what kind of car are you looking to put these in
            94 BerrettaZ26 3400,5 spd, aluminum flywheel, stg3+ spec clutch, poly mounts everywhere, strut and strut to rad braces, s&s headers, euro mirrors, and taillights, E36 headlights, blk widow spoiler, GTU rimz, intrax, KYB, OBD2 swap rear disk swap with ss lines and ss clutch line, addco rear bar

07 Chrysler 300 Base, with C frt bumper blk halo headlights and foglights. Coming soon tinted taillights and 22". The Family ride

Comment

lumina

in my 93 lumina z34

Comment

Tools to help build headers:

Icengineworks complete exhaust fabrication systems allow you to go from concept to completion of custom headers, turbo manifolds, and full exhaust systems.

Places to get flanges, V-bands, collectors, ect.
                SPD offers a complete line of exhaust components for Exhaust Fabricators ranging from Mandrel Bent Tubing, Mandrel Bends, CNC Header Flanges, Merge Collectors, Collector Flanges, Stainless Bellows, V-Band Clamps and Sealing Flanges, and Formed Collectors & Accessories.

2000 Grand Am GT
                2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

more help to build a header

I would also suggest getting a headers by ed.com catalog and cassette tape
                  if you really want to learn how to do it right. Am I correct in assuming there were different exhaust patterns for the cylinder heads. Guys what are the differences?
                  Also, there is no room in the fieros or the Wbodies to do a correct header.
                  The header would have to be a primary length of 34" equal length with a tube
                  error of 2" or so. Also, headers by ed sells primary flanges so that you can break the header down into 2/3 piece, possibly making it easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X