X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake and Exhaust Tuning

A new page entry has been added:

[drupal=145]Intake and Exhaust Tuning[/drupal]

I think that equal length primaries are a LOT more important than most people think.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

wow. i wish i was that smart, all i know how to do is cut, grind, weld, assemble, repeat

Comment

Originally posted by candychevy87 View Post
      wow. i wish i was that smart, all i know how to do is cut, grind, weld, assemble, repeat

totally agree, ive seen this written different ways and with much more complexity. from basic on grape ape racing.com, to complex in Scientific Design of Exhaust & Intake Systems (isbn 0837603099). great start, but we could really write for days on this very subject.
      3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
      96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
      2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
      1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

so Who makes 180 degree headers for a 2.8 v6 2wd S-10?

Comment

No need for 180 headers since the firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6.
          MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
          '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
          http://www.tcemotorsports.com
          http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

All makes sense but the larger stepped primaries.. I don't see how going bigger when the gas has cooled and condensed helps keep the energy there?? I just can't picture what's going on there.
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

as far as intakes

i want to thank ben for answering all my stupid questions regarding
              the 65mm TB and ported intake i purchased i hope i can give some information back to the site once i install it myself. thanks again Ben.
              Last edited by ninjaguinea; 02-09-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Wot-tech intake

HI ALL.

i just wanted to show my sincere satisfaction with the ported 2004 3.4l upper intake and 65mm throttle body i purchased from wot-tech. the mounting screws were perfection. the gaskets and bypass kit were perfection. the throttle body was perfection. i know nothing about engines and i did the swap in 6 hours start to finish. i took it for a ride and these are the only changes i noticed.

1.idial 400 rpm higher, temp higher, however with a half hour of driving temp leveled off and the auto tranny shifts now at 6000 when it used to shift at 5200 pedal to the floor. the computer must be adjusting to the added airflow.
                i don't know what that translates to in hp or torque. but my car gets up more then it used to.
                i did a scan of my computer. and i have no codes. my pcm accepted the changes and is adjusting accordingly. no problems what so ever
                thanks Ben.

Comment

Working...
                X