New and Updated Articles Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and Updated Articles Index

ok, let's use this thread to put together an index of the topics we need to update/create. any relevant topics suggested by anyone will go into this list, which i will edit constantly. i would prefer the article titles be setup consistantlym so for now, use this format based on the information below: "New Article - Maintenance - Changing Oil". until brad/ben say otherwise, i feel that's a good way of listing them. hell, there may even need to be subsections of the subsections, just post what you think should be done.

Maintenance(General)
    _____Checking/Changing Spark Plugs http://60degreev6.com/content.php/11...ng-Spark-Plugs
    _____Changing Oil http://60degreev6.com/content.php/11...nce-Oil-Change
    _____Cleaning/Testing Digital EGR http://60degreev6.com/content.php/12...ur-Digital-EGR
    _____Misfire Diagnostics
    _____Torque Sequence and Specs
    _____Air Conditioning System Tips http://60degreev6.com/content.php/13...placement-Tips
    _____OBD1 60V6 ECM/PCM Interchange http://60degreev6.com/content.php/144-OBD1-ECM-List

Maintenance(91-97 DOHC)
    _____LQ1 Timing Belt

Performance(General)
    _____TB Swaps
    _____Intake Swaps
    _____Head Swaps
    _____Engine Swaps
    _____Forced Induction
    __________Nitrous
    __________Supercharger
    __________Turbocharger

Transmission
    _____Auto
    __________TH125
    __________4T40/45
    __________4T60
    __________4T60E
    __________4T65E
    __________700R4
    __________4L60
    __________4L60E
    _____Manual
    __________Getrag 282
    __________Getrag 284
    __________F40

Myths
    _____the 275-300+HP "Original" LQ1
    _____IAT Mod
    _____Tornado
    _____Fuel Saving Magnets
    Last edited by robertisaar; 08-20-2010, 01:52 PM.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Direction . . . . . this is a good thing, thank you. Let's add "misfire diagnostics" to the "Maintenance" section.

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

Originally posted by 86FieroSEv6 View Post
      Direction . . . . . this is a good thing, thank you. Let's add "misfire diagnostics" to the "Maintenance" section.
      not necessarily sold on the name, but the concept of causes/solutions to the many reasons a misfire could happen is good enough for me.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

The general index is already set on the main page, although now that I think about it, we may need a General section under maintenance (and possibly performance). No need to have multiple articles that basically cover the same thing for all the different engines in each of their sections.

With the ability to promote posts to articles, do you guys think it would be easier for me to set up a section dedicated to article creation? It can be somewhat confusing trying to set up an article in the CMS area, so starting it with a post may be the easier way to go.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

i'll answer that question with another: WTF is CMS????
          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Content Management System - ie, the front page and articles.
            -Brad-
            sigpic

Comment

i pushed the new article button on the main page and the only thing i didn't understand was "SEO URL Alias"

otherwise, it looks very similar to a forum post... i really wouldn't want to play with the metadata stuff either, but that's at least self-explanitory.

i will say this, i fail bigtime at formatting...

and the SEO URL thing doesn't apply i guess since it's autmatically generated.
              Last edited by robertisaar; 05-31-2010, 12:26 PM.
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

updated post #1, should comply with the existing index better...

also added a lot of transmission topics, though i may be missing some...
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Forced air induction broken down to N2O, Turbo and S/C under performance?

And add the AIT resistor mod, tornado (on MPFI/SFI/DI) and magnet on the fuel lines to the myths section, lol.
                  -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                  91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                  92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                  94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                  Originally posted by Jay Leno
                  Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                    Forced air induction broken down to N2O, Turbo and S/C under performance?

And add the AIT resistor mod, tornado (on MPFI/SFI/DI) and magnet on the fuel lines to the myths section, lol.
                    done.

there's already an IAT mod article, but i'm sure it could use some touch-up or a total rewrite. i also added the link to the article that was published today next to the corresponding topic. i don't think it's on the index of the main page though... i couldn't find it anyway. probably for the best though since potentially a lot of stuff will be added.
                    Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                      done.

there's already an IAT mod article, but i'm sure it could use some touch-up or a total rewrite. i also added the link to the article that was published today next to the corresponding topic. i don't think it's on the index of the main page though... i couldn't find it anyway. probably for the best though since potentially a lot of stuff will be added.
                      Many of the myth articles could use rewriting. Recommended changes can be placed in the comments area. Once implemented, the comment will be deleted.

As far as the article created yesterday not showing up on the main page... Articles themselves will not show up, just the sections. The article can be found by just clicking on the Maintenance item on the menu. In order to organize it better, I will probably still add a "General" link under both the Maintenance and Performance areas.
                      -Brad-
                      sigpic

Comment

http://60degreev6.com/content.php/11...-site-articles!

Oh yeah, and I feel like a broken record -> http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthre...rove-this-site
                        Last edited by bszopi; 06-01-2010, 10:47 PM.
                        -Brad-
                        sigpic

Comment

"If I can work something out, maybe each person who writes an article will get a free 60degreev6.com sticker."

you certainly know how to capture my attention, brad.

and that older post was before i even registered... or hell, possibly before i ever found the site.

but don't worry, worst-case scenario, it'll play out like the W-body E-book, with me writing like 75% of it before my hands stop wanting to work...
                          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

I was searching the site for something else, and came up with another similar topic from 2004. So sadly, we've been asking for this for 6 years now, and still have yet to get much. Maybe this time around...
                            -Brad-
                            sigpic

Comment

I know it's been ages since I last posted or joined in any discussions, but I still check the site reguarly for new news/tips and other good stuffs.

Anyhow, I'll see what I can do about getting a couple of articles together - I remember quite a long while ago we had some superb info floating around in the forums that came about from a lot of these earlier discussions - mostly on "performance through efficiency" and some other more in-depth performance related topics. If y'all still need an article on a LIM walkthrough, I might be able to help with that . . . I believe I've got one coming into the shop this week, but if that falls through, I've got my own project I can tear down.

Another thought - a "general" performance section, dealing mostly with "bolt-on" related stuff, and small "tweaks" that are easy and relatively cheap to accomplish. i.e. fuel injectors/fuel system, ignition system performance, CAI/WAI, exhaust components, etc.

If y'all'd like, I can go ahead with writing up a couple of articles for such sections.
                              Last edited by prophiseer; 06-02-2010, 08:21 AM.
                              N-body enthusiast:
                              {'87 Grand Am SE - 3.0 90* v6} / {'93 Grand Am LE - 3.3 90* v6}
                              {'98 Grand Am SE - 2.4 Q4} / {'99 Grand Am GT1 - 3400 60* v6}

Current Project:
                              {'90 Chevrolet C1500 Sport 350TBI}

Comment

Working...
                              X