No announcement yet.

New and Updated Articles Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really not much trouble as long as you are ready to go to war with the 4 Torx #T40 bolts. There's some risk as well with any of the inner bolts on the cover plate sticking. The most trouble I had was getting to the steering intermediate shaft pinch bold. I kept trying to "accordian" that boot before realizing you're supposed to feed it up through the firewall. For that I probably deserve any ricer comments that come my way.

I should have bought replacement Torx but didn't expect trouble. I've got anti-sieze compound on them now, hoping for the best if I open the case again.

Comment

I can honestly say that anything put together, with some effort, is probably article worthy. Someone is going to ask a similar question at some point in time. Even if its not exactly what they are doing, if it helps them get part way there, then the article is worth it.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

An Article on Swapping the 2.8L to 3.4L Engine

Brad...

Not being the author of this article... but having penned two for the Main Page under the old online software called "How to Rebuild the 3.4L L32 V6 Engine" and "How to make a V-6 Pre-Oiler for the V6" engines...I've been trying to gather all that old information for re-writes and while looking around on my various hard drives... I found this one by Steve Glowacki on "How to Swap the 2.8L Engine from a Jeep over to a 93 Camaro 3.4L V6 Engine". I've culled the article (with credit to the author at the top) and saved it as a MS document attached to this post for your consideration... assuming of course that this is a Kosher Idea and that things found like this might prove useful in re-building your online "Library at Alexandria". If there is a problem doing this...I will only route the ones I write from scratch... Just let me know what you need and I'll follow your lead on this...

Also ...as far as subject specific photos are concerned... You have my express permission any of the thousands that i have taken that are sub-categorized by subject matter and readily available from my public photobucket...and if I am not wrong... they do allow for bulk downloads as well as bulk uploads there! In any case... please feel free to "leech" anything that might be useful and productive to us all here:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 06-22-2010, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
          I can honestly say that anything put together, with some effort, is probably article worthy. Someone is going to ask a similar question at some point in time. Even if its not exactly what they are doing, if it helps them get part way there, then the article is worth it.
          im getting how you want it put together. the way i wanted to do some things like the torque sequences was to add a picture showing the order and stuff like that. what kind of file would make it easier for you to integrate into the site.
          sigpic
          99 Grand Am GT
          3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
          Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
          1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
          515 515 lift 112 lsa
          15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Bob - For the engine swap article, do you have contact information for the author? I really don't want to post something like that w/o the author's consent.

Brandon - Pictures could probably easily be integrated into the existing article. Email me the pics, or send me a link to them online (I'll grab them and place them on here), and the article(s) in which the picture applies, and I should be able to figure it out. As far as other articles, the easiest would be to just type it up as a new article. If you don't want to do that, then .doc, .txt, .pdf, or whatever you want, and I can get them up. If its a text or PDF file, and you want pics included, just put the pic name where you want it placed, inside brackets or something, and send the pics along with the file.

For those that want to send me files and such, you can email me at bszopi at 60degreev6 dot com.
            -Brad-
            sigpic

Comment

may have a new article to write... i just pulled the CCP solenoid off of the wife's GP since it's been stuck open for about forever... it explains why it ran rich at idle on a hot day and has a kinda rough idle.... easy to get at too!
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Well it's a bit later than "after the 4th" but I have written my outline of how this '4th hub replacement' article will look. I need to track down a few torque settings and then I'll edit my notes another round and I should be able to start typing it in. There's about 7 pictures that should help and a PDF scan of a hand drawing. I know the CAD population will wince when they see my work -- 90% of life is showing up and if somebody wants to finesse it's fine with me.

All work was done with the vehicle on jack stands so it should apply to just about anybody who wants to do valve body work , throw in some accumulator tricks, whatever.

One would think this is a slow pace but with good summer weather the automotive personality has to steal time from the must do jobs like cabinets, lawn care and good old fashioned loafing if the weather is just too nice.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Comment

OK, I typed in my draft & will go back to stick in the pictures. Anybody got tips on the best way to edit/preview/revise? I have more pictures than I thought, but once I got to the channel plate that was it. (But that's what this article was about for the most part, it was threatening rain and my youngest son was so interested I forgot about the camera, oh well.)

Comment

just make a thread and see what comments you get.
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                      just make an article and see what comments you get.
                      Editted...
                      -Brad-
                      sigpic

Comment

seems bob got one in...

Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

That would be me promoting one of his forum posts to an article....
                          -Brad-
                          sigpic

Comment

...................... potato, potato?

either way, it's useful, informative, and means there's posts other than mine in the index!
                            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

I'm getting ready to do some work on my transmission... replacing the accumulator pistons and valve body. And of course there are all the other parts I've already installed and have pics of. If we need more info for the 4T45E I can take more pics while I'm working and try and put together an article for it. Let me know.

Seems like I've done the LIM gasket replacement on the 3400 about a dozen times too, and haven't had any issues with them leaking on me again. If I had thought about it I would have taken pics and done an article for that. If there isn't an article for that by the next time I do one, I'll try and get that done too.

edit: what kind of resolution is preferred for pictures?
                              '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
                              '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
                              13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
                              Gotta love boost!

Comment

We have no info on the 4T4x-E trans, so that would be a great article.

As far as image resolution, nothing too high. I usually end up resizing them to 1024x768 max anyway. The pics are usually just for a general idea for a person reading the article, nothing that they will print out an 8x10 picture of. I'd say either 800x600 or 1024x768 is ideal, as its quick to download as well.
                                -Brad-
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X