This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Articles: What you need to know

The articles are not getting put up. You aren't doing anything about it, and neither are we. Now that you have been informed, I am going to enjoy another beer, and figure out what to do with my business.

Cheers!

Ben
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

The lack of any response kind of worries me...

Basically, it comes down to this. This site is run by the community. We need the community's help in improving the site. Would people rather browse through an article section for common items, or search through dozens of threads, sorting through the good and the bad information? If it were me, I'd rather look through an article that contained on the good information, in an organized manner. Unfortunately, Ben and I don't have the time to put it all together anymore. With the exception of a select few over the past few years, it has been the 2 of us doing everything. And its getting to the point that its either the community jumps in and starts to help out, or the site just stays as a forum, with the only information buried in the threads.

As far as WOT-Tech, well... I know the story, and how it turns out is up to Ben.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

i read this an hour after it was posted and thought it was some kind of joke...

and i'd love to write some articles, but i have NO idea WTF to write about...

we tried getting an "eBook" section started on W-body recently, and while it had steam in the beginning, i'll let you determine why it didn't keep growing.

BUT

we all came up with more or less an "index" of stuff to write about before anything was written, which helped me decide what i could and couldn't elaborate about.

if we can get an index going here, i'll do what i can.

1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post

i'd love to write some articles, but i have NO idea WTF to write about...
        im in the same boat what exactly are we looking for as far as articles go and what exists already.

do you have a template your working with for the articles?

or are we just improving the old ones that were setup?
        sigpic
        99 Grand Am GT
        3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
        Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
        1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
        515 515 lift 112 lsa
        15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Set up a list, git some volunteers. I'm sure the knowledgeable amongst us will be glad to contribute. With all of the stuff packed into my head I really don't know where to begin. So, task us bwana!

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

This winter i might be able to start helping but with a new baby around and the Camaro project i'm hardly online anymore...
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Anything 60V6 that you feel is important. How to install spark plugs. How to set timing. How to pull the motor. Cam options for a 3400. Crank options for a 2.8. Etc etc etc. I am not making an index for what I see will be an empty book full of good intentions and lack of time. Prove me wrong, or enjoy a mess of a forum as we repeat ourselves endlessly on the same topics.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                Anything 60V6 that you feel is important. How to install spark plugs. How to set timing. How to pull the motor. Cam options for a 3400. Crank options for a 2.8. Etc etc etc. I am not making an index for what I see will be an empty book full of good intentions and lack of time. Prove me wrong, or enjoy a mess of a forum as we repeat ourselves endlessly on the same topics.
                fuck it, i'll spearhead the index and write what i can, i'm sure others have better knowledge on certain topics though.

1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                Latest nAst1 files here!
                Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                  sounds good. i have ideas sometimes just need a jumpstart to get the brain to produce
                  sigpic
                  99 Grand Am GT
                  3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                  Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                  1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                  515 515 lift 112 lsa
                  15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

I got dibs on the 275 HP but GM knocked it back because of tranny issues article
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                    Originally posted by Jay Leno
                    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                      I got dibs on the 275 HP but GM knocked it back because of tranny issues article
                      i guess we do need a myths section...
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                        i guess we do need a myths section...
                        All the old myths articles have been copied over into a new myth section.
                        -Brad-
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                          All the old myths articles have been copied over into a new myth section.
                          sweet. now whenever jon gets that article written, i can tell all the n00bs RTFA!
                          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

can we get the old 4t60e gear swap write up again? i would like to add that if doing the gear swap on a 96 OBD2 car and not changing the reluctor gear.... IIRC i think it was the reluctor... or flux capacitor lol that the sprocket ratio needs changed in the PCM/Bin file. and with DHP you need the data base upgrade to do this. the normal powrtuner DB doesnt have the table.

i can copy my info from my writeup section on wheel hub replacement. FWI install and design, common issues and repairs for the DOHC and more...
                            where should i send the articals too? add them to this thread? or PM them to someone? my photos are on car domain. should i move them to photobucket or is that ok?
                            Last edited by z34phoenix; 09-10-2011, 09:02 AM.

Comment

If you want to submit an article, either read the following article on how to do it: http://60degreev6.com/content.php/14...-a-New-Article

--OR--

Do the write-up in Word or a similar word processor. If you already have pictures online, insert a link to the pictures inside the document at the point where you want them shown. If you just have pictures your computer, put the picture name in the document where you want place, and make the name a different color than the rest of the text. When you email me the article (bszopi at 60degreev6.com), just include a zip file of all of the pictures.
                              -Brad-
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X