1993 cutlass supreme 3.4 crank position sensor fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 cutlass supreme 3.4 crank position sensor fin

Hello everyone. I've been struggling with my cutlass supreme to replace the crank position sensor. I chose to take nor my mechanic friend who told me not buy this car, but I have a weakness for convertibles.

Everything is so close and tight. I cannot figure out where this is at and I'm hoping someone on this forum will be able to help.

Thank you!

Rob

It's probably easier to access from under the car. Should be on the rear side of the engine in the middle of the block
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Appreciate the feedback. Either I'm blind or it is not in plain sight. I'm concerned it is behind a part that needs to be removed. I've removed the exhaust from the manifold to try to get up in between the engine and the firewall because one place said there. Just need someone who's done this. Frustrated. The engine is tilted so the manifold is there and it's hard to reach in and feel through the passage where the exhaust travels. I'll go try some more. Hoping to hear from someone who has actually done this.

Rob

Comment

Follow the 3-wire plug from the ICM
        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Ok I'll have to get back out tomorrow and try to find those wires. Thanks . I'm sure I'm making this harder than I need to.

Rob

Comment

Auto trans is in your way really. Manual trans makes that an easier job.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

It might be suggested to remove the alternator to see and replace it.

Good luck!
              Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

There was a 3.6 engine in '93?
                ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

no
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Oops. It's a 3.4l. Sorry for the bad info. I didn't get back out this weekend. Got distracted by football.

Rob

Comment

Anyone know how to change the subject line to 3.4 instead of 3.6?

Rob

Comment

Done.
                        -Brad-
                        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                        sigpic
                        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                        X