No announcement yet.

My 92 Z34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holset HX35 is good for 500-ish whp pending your turbo manifolds and down pipe. I know for fact it will do 360-ish on a 2.5l at 15psi
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Holset HX35 is good for 500-ish whp pending your turbo manifolds and down pipe. I know for fact it will do 360-ish on a 2.5l at 15psi
      And they are cheap and readily available. ~$250 new for some on eBay.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

How long are the rear springs? I want to try some weaker springs for the street. Also, if you want a forged engine, buy mine. Much cheaper and easier than building your own. We know this one is solid and will take whatever you throw at it.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I'll measure them when I get home. Pm me with what you are wanting for it and with specs on it (cr, rod and piston makers, miles). I was wanting to build my own, but I'll consider it.

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
            Lol. I'm open to suggestions on wax. I've been using Turtlewax Emerald Series for a long time. It does a nice job and if you miss some it still comes off a week later.

As far as hitting the next meet, it's a deal... if we even get one going next year. I've attended every one (I think) except the first one. The last one I rode with Ben and didn't even have my car with me, lol. Meets aren't all about showing off your car (although there is always some drooling going on somewhere), it's about hanging out with fellow gear heads and hanging out and stuff. It's an awesome time, even without a car. >.> <.<

I had edited this post with my phone to give progress update, plans and a pic, but my phone deleted half of my post....

Anyways, Dale said the car didn't have to be outside to buff and polish (obviously, it's still on stands and the trunk has been done) so I moved off of the suspension that was really aggravating me to the engine bay. Plans are to clean and wipe down the bay really well (Dale has some nice BASF 541-5 silicone/tar remover that does a really good job of cleaning surfaces), prime, paint and possibly clear just to make it pop a little more. Then I'm planning on using some sound deadener that is meant for heat rejection on the firewall. I've gotten all A/C components out, subframe and steering rack out, engine wiring harness, heater hoses/tubes and the fake firewall out. I also have to look around and see what parts I'm going to get as far as engine internals and save/buy them, get the engine down to the block and get it to the machine shop to have it cleaned and checked out to see if it's going to need boring so I know what size pistons to get, then when I have internals gathered take them to the machine shop to have them balanced. I also still need to do some CFM figuring to see which Holset is going to suit my needs. This project is getting expensive, but I'm not looking back

Back when I used to drink and lived by the ocean front near Sandbridge, we partied often. If we got a friend with private property on the beach it meant BON FIRE!!! Ideally it was best at low tide, set up the blaze and then the high tide put it out after a while. It is a really safe way to have a large fire....and having a pitch black ocean horizon made it even better.

We would filla cooler with beer/Ice and then bury most of it in the sand and covered it up. Cops often came by to check up and make sure it wasn't toooo rowdy. Most of the officers their did the same stuff when they were younger...or off duty.

Fire does something to people, it has an effect on us.

I don't drink anymore, or atleast on very rare occasions. That put an end to most of my party days, but a meet still sounds fun.

The project does seem extensive but that's a good thing. Otherwise you may think, "it's just not up to my potential"

I've always used Turtle Wax, no reason to shop around as it works. I do like this micro-polishing cream in combo with a buffer. It REALLY brings out a great, solid shine. I scratched the plastic shield to the tach gauge cluster, this stuff buffed the scratch out and left it clear. It works awesome on my internal parts that were painted, I won't know so much about the exterior yet until I get to repaint it...but it was made for exterior vehicle paint jobs anyways. Though you paint job is already done very well so far...no reason to need a micro-buffer. A good clear coat will do the job.

Security System? I'm thinking of having 3, 4 maybe 5 switches under the dash. Wired so they require an on/off pattern to allow the car to run. Parking somewhere questionable, just toss all the switches one direction. Any would be thief will never figure it out. So as long as they don't see the wires and are smart enough to figure it out. But if they are that smart, odds are they aren't going to be stealing cars, lol.
            Last edited by TGP37; 08-13-2012, 09:08 AM.
            1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

switch combo security.... interesting.

number of switches = number of combinations

1=2
              2=4
              3=8
              4=16
              5=32
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Planning on getting a Viper 5904 for the alarm. I miss my long range remote start. Already have the window module on the way, plan on getting the microwave sensor and tilt sensor as well.

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                How long are the rear springs?
                12" IIRC, the yellow ones were 250lbs/in and the silver ones were 275lbs/in?

Last edited by pocket-rocket; 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

I thought I had 300# in the back now. I want to see how 250 feels first. Just want a little less bounce over train tracks.

9:1 ross racing pistons. I don't know which forged rods they are. Miles, not sure. Have to ask Josh but I am pretty sure its under 50k by a lot. He drove other vehicles mostly and so have I:P Id like 2k for it, 1500 if you come pick it up:P haha. I know he has 5k in it and I know you will never beat on it like its seen at the track. Heads and manifolds ported, new guides in the heads, stainless valves, Comp 26113 springs, lightweight lifters, deburred oil drain back passages, balanced rotating assembly. Id love to build an engine as well, but I want a pushrod to show off WOT-Tech stuff. The engine is built for boost but I am not boosting it...

Or 2500 you can fly down and drive the car back. Thats a lot of extra parts...hint hint. Id have to give you my new 17x8 rims at that point too, with new tires so it would be safe. I have 2 spare front sets of brake pads and a new set of rears...performance friction. New subframe bushings too that I haven't installed. Nevermind the good shifting 284 trans, and good shift cables.

Or you can build a motor:P
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I'm not certain about the spring rates. It's been a long time since I heard what they actually were. I don't even know what company made them and the spring link in the w body suspension upgrade thread no longer goes to a product page on Summit's site.

What stucks is I'm not interested on a whole car, and that GP is too nice of a car to part out. The only things I'm truly interested in is the engine and trans.

Last edited by pocket-rocket; 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM.
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by robert 1980 View Post
                      Looks awesome i really like the black.You did a great job.....this fall im having paint done to my roof and trunk.Then adding a spoiler.This spring i'd like to do the cowl hood aswell=) But i like the car very clean.
                      The more I think about this, it's like Dale said. If you paint or buff a trunk, roof or hood you should do all three. Otherwise the other one or two will stand out like a sore thumb. So if I were you I would do the hood, spoiler, and have those and the trunk and roof painted at the same time. Just my opinion, Robert

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                        switch combo security.... interesting.

number of switches = number of combinations

1=2
                        2=4
                        3=8
                        4=16
                        5=32
                        yup, by the 2nd gear start switch. If not labeled, I doubt it would be discovered.

Though, I do like the system that lets the car drive a dozen or so feet then shuts down like it failed. Sends the crook running and leaves the car disabled in the street where it gets police attention.
                        1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                          yup, by the 2nd gear start switch. If not labeled, I doubt it would be discovered.

Though, I do like the system that lets the car drive a dozen or so feet then shuts down like it failed. Sends the crook running and leaves the car disabled in the street where it gets police attention.
                          You could also tap into HVAC buttons for more combos.

Ben, I would love to come down but I don't think I can swing it. Would you take $300 a week (on weeks rent isn't due, which is the first of the month) until it's paid and then ship it up?

Last edited by pocket-rocket; 08-15-2012, 04:37 AM.
                          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

I was thinking about driving it up there more than paying someone to ship it. I don't know what shipping it would actually cost. Other than the detail on how we get the engine to you, I am fine with payments. I bet we can shoehorn that SOB in the back of the wagon. HA HA HA! Poor wagon.
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I was thinking about driving it up there more than paying someone to ship it. I don't know what shipping it would actually cost. Other than the detail on how we get the engine to you, I am fine with payments. I bet we can shoehorn that SOB in the back of the wagon. HA HA HA! Poor wagon.

Mid-engine wagon with a DOHC? Awesome.
                              Links:
                              WOT-Tech.com
                              FaceBook
                              Instagram

Comment

That works too. When do you guys plan on heading up?

Push-me-pull-me wagon. Me thinks the poor 3.1 wouldn't know what to do, lol.

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                                X