Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben, you never said...

That your into Oldsmobile!

a dynamic 88 and a 74!? You've been holding out on me!

Hey when you build the 350 Olds give me a call. My family was racing Olds since the 50's. I can tell you what works and what don't. The edelbrock set up needs massive port and polish work to come up to stock ports. I can also tell you some block mods to maintain good oiling.

My 1970 W-31 had a 350 olds and did 10.2 in the 1/4, I had the motor shifting around 8600 and we broke her in on a stand around 9500. Nobody has ever claimed that. You want a kicker? Stock rods and crank.

BTW that was on a shitty asphalt track, no traction compound and 14" slicks. We left the line burning. If I can find it I have a picture of her jumping straight up right off the line, I had 6" of air under the rear tires and 2 feet under the front. Damn car liked to jump over the starting line.
    Last edited by 95SleeperAcheiva; 07-11-2006, 02:24 PM.
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

We have a 455 for the 74 though I dunno if thats gonna happen. Not doing much this year other than working on other people's projects Got a 95 cutlass convertible too.

Really need to get the front end fixed on the 59 and start working on the electrical and speedo since its kinda messed at the moment. 74 needs some interior work and from there...whatever. Id rather build a 350 but its hard to say no to a 455. We have a set of C casting heads for it as well. When I get around to building it (1-2 years if im lucky), ill be sure to let you know. I don't know a whole lot other than the stock oiling sucks if you want higher RPM. 350, yes, 455, not so high thanks:P
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

LOL
      Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
      3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
      Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
      2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
      TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

455 turning 8200, no load. Had 1200 LBS torque at idle.
        Eat that chevy.

We had 2 1968 Hurst Olds. Both had under 30K on them. Dad and grandpa where the original owners.

Grandpa was clocked at Midohio in the straight away, plyglass stock rubber, through stock exhaust, 163 MPH. He was still accelerating and ran out of track.

Has anybody ever heard of, let alone, know the location of a 432 Olds Hemi DOHC?
        Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
        PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Originally posted by 95SleeperAcheiva
          455 turning 8200, no load. Had 1200 LBS torque at idle.

Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
          3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
          Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
          2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
          TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

I've heard of it, Ive seen pictures of it. Would like to see one for real!
            \"NASCAR is an integral part of my life. A part of me died when Dale Earnhardt died.\"

1997 Olds CS 4-door S/C - 183,527 miles
            1999 Chevrolet Lumina 3100 - Wife took it at 158,340 miles
            1989 Volvo 740GL Wagon 2.3 8v - 232,050 miles

Comment

you mean this engine? not even sure it went past prototype. I believe it was shelved in 1970 due to emissions and the ability to run on 91 octane fuel at the time.

Last edited by Golgo13; 07-18-2006, 06:21 AM.

www.envuscc.com

Comment

Hey cool!!! thanks for the link! The engine was used heavily and dominated road racing in the 60's. It was an all race motor. Kind of like the Olds DRCE race block which only seen drag strips and was still in production up to I think 2004. the DRCE engines were seen in top fuel rails. But then, it's only an Oldsmobile, it couldn't possibly be fast.
                Last edited by 95SleeperAcheiva; 07-19-2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

nah, lol

www.envuscc.com

Comment

Working...
                  X