torque management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torque management

Can anybody explain how these file work abuse mode duration-trans temp trans abuse mode max mph 125 mph trans abuse mode trans rpm 0 trans abuse mode min rpm 1325 trans abuse mode min tps 15%

Split them up maybe (commas at least) so make sense of what you are looking for.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

from what i understand alot of that is for cars like 04+ GP's w/ the Drive by wire throttle... basicly if the wheels start spinning it pulls the power back to protect the trans. I didnt touch thoes settings when tuning my car.

Taking a guess on these.... this should be in the "OBDII tuning section" thoes guys will know better:
      Abuse mode duration-trans temp: if it gets too hot it pulls out power so you dont burn it up.
      trans abuse mode max mph 125 mph: Speed limiter to protect trans
      trans abuse mode trans rpm 0: ?
      trans abuse mode min rpm 1325: able to activate abuse mode over 1325 rpms
      trans abuse mode min tps 15%: able to activate abuse mode over 15% throttle

S
      Last edited by RedZMonte; 02-01-2010, 09:37 PM.
      Shane "RedZMonte"
      2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
      1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
      -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
      2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
      1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
      1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
      1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
      1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the reply, i've got a 02 malibu that i'm going to change some of those setting and see what happens

Comment

Speed limiter to protect the trans is how they are wording it now? I was always under the impression that a speed limiter was dictated by the speed rating of the tires from the factory
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
            Speed limiter to protect the trans is how they are wording it now? I was always under the impression that a speed limiter was dictated by the speed rating of the tires from the factory
            it seems that we've gotten better tires over the year and the shaft speed of the tranny is what's preventing higher speeds now...
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
              it seems that we've gotten better tires over the year and the shaft speed of the tranny is what's preventing higher speeds now...
              I always thought it was a political/law enforcement thing.

Newer cars can now be disabled by the cops. No more high speed chases.

Did you know the On-Star in cars is easily tappable. I'm working on how to do it with BackTrack 3.

I would not be surprised if the law uses onstar as a wire when needed.

Imagine the fun being able to listen in AND send messages to a car in front of you.

All those nasty things I wanted to say like, MOVE IT JACK@$$, or, Stop Driving 10 MPH UNDER the Speed limit Jerk. lol

Comment

And the funny thing is if you don't buy a special adapter kit doohickey when you put in an aftermarket head unit, On* goes bye bye unless they made it stand alone now (which I doubt).
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                  And the funny thing is if you don't buy a special adapter kit doohickey when you put in an aftermarket head unit, On* goes bye bye unless they made it stand alone now (which I doubt).
                  It's all about control.

On Star is a joke. It isn't hard hacking into the mic/speaker system with bluetooth. You can easily tap into the car ahead of you and listen to everything they are saying. Or you can send a message through there speakers. How many times have I wanted to scream at the driver in front of me...lmfao, it is a lot of fun.

Actually, I haven't hacked a vehicle yet but I have the instructions. I have hacked several phones though. Too easy cause nearly everyone leaves the default pin. Either 0000, 1234 or 1111. Once in I can upload the software needed to tap the phone...I'll stop incriminating myself....

Comment

Originally posted by Schmieder View Post
                    It's all about control.

On Star is a joke. It isn't hard hacking into the mic/speaker system with bluetooth. You can easily tap into the car ahead of you and listen to everything they are saying. Or you can send a message through there speakers. How many times have I wanted to scream at the driver in front of me...lmfao, it is a lot of fun.

Actually, I haven't hacked a vehicle yet but I have the instructions. I have hacked several phones though. Too easy cause nearly everyone leaves the default pin. Either 0000, 1234 or 1111. Once in I can upload the software needed to tap the phone...I'll stop incriminating myself....
                    That's too funny, lol. I've seen guys on TRS that make due with windshield banners that are made backwards that says "Get over ->" when you look at it through your rear view, lol. I like the hacking idea better though because then you can personalize the message to the pokes in front of you and really freak them out, lol.
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                    X