Swapping LH0 from 1992 Lumina to 1999 Monte Carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping LH0 from 1992 Lumina to 1999 Monte Carlo

Hello, glad to find this group. I have a 1992 Lumina 3.1L LH0 engine w/ less that 100k and rebuilt transmission. I'm wanting to put into 1999 Monte Carlo 3.1 L (L82) that has original motor and tranny at 240+k w/ blown head gasket.

Anyone have any advice whether this is a compatible swap out w/o too many modifications? Thanks for you input.

You're better off repairing the head gasket. The LH0 has too many incompatibilities to list.
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

Originally posted by LeftVentricle View Post
      You're better off repairing the head gasket. The LH0 has too many incompatibilities to list.
      Thanks for the information. I'll keep looking for a suitable car or find a buyer for the lumina.

Comment

I agree with LeftVentricle.

If it was the other way around (newer engine into the older car) that would be a different story and would be easier.

Comment

Hate to resurrect a very old post, but...I’m thinking of doing what is noted in the post and drop a 1998 3100 into my 1993 3.1 MPFI. Does any one know from experience what will need to be switched to get it functional again?

Comment

Working...
          X