for MINNESOTANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for MINNESOTANS

anyone live in Minnesota? near or in Twin Cities? im thinking (if u guys know where is U of Ave) to meet up somewhere on that street, maybe parking lot on wendy's? Abry's? Porkys? near Porkys so we aint ricers unlike over in area of umm ABRA parking lot whatever that is(near the capitol) anyways, how about the 3.4 OWNERS meet up somewhere on that street near PORKYS and check out all of our cars with 3.4 DOHCS>? not quite many 3.4 dohc owners.. Z34, GTP, OLDS, MCZ34, SE, STE.... some more prob.

pls reply if u want or agree w that or already has a club for it, LET ME KNOW!! i got buddys who own 3.4 dohcs and havent really found a group of 3.4 DOHCS. LETS MEEET!!!!!
    sigpic
    -1992 Red Z34 284
    -1990 TSTE
    -1991 GTP
    -1992 B Z34 parts
    -1992 R Z34 parts

I don't have a dohc but would be willing to come up after i get home from college this summer. I live south of the cities by about 40 miles but would be down if it got all setup. A 60* get together would be cool.
    Lots of mods cost lots of $$
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2598719/1

Comment

I live in New Ulm, a couple hours south of the cities. I don't have a DOHC, but I DO have a Turbo Grand Prix.

Comment

Please don't tell me there's only 3 MN people here?!?!?!

Comment

yeah 60* will be fine ha.. im thinking about to open up 60* website only for in minnesota, cuz this WWW is too BIG and hard to.. u know, gather around and get all of us together, so MINN60* website (thinkiing to make one soon) easier and faster? TGP ARE WELCOME! i might own one myself soon my friend does.
          sigpic
          -1992 Red Z34 284
          -1990 TSTE
          -1991 GTP
          -1992 B Z34 parts
          -1992 R Z34 parts

Comment

and yes 3 peoples ARE NOT ENOUGH! I WANT MORE THAN 3!!! help me out, spread the word, W-boyd get together this summer!
            sigpic
            -1992 Red Z34 284
            -1990 TSTE
            -1991 GTP
            -1992 B Z34 parts
            -1992 R Z34 parts

Comment

*body
              sigpic
              -1992 Red Z34 284
              -1990 TSTE
              -1991 GTP
              -1992 B Z34 parts
              -1992 R Z34 parts

Comment

I have a friend in North Branch who also has a TGP, and within the next month I may not own my TGP anymore, but rather a TSTE, the four door turbocharged version...1000 total only were ever made.

Comment

Not that I am against another website, but I hate that people always try to start new ones, when there are PLENTY of ones already existing. And is it really worth it to have a site for MAYBE 100 people? I mean, look at the numbers we have on this site, and we've been around for over 8 years now. And we are worldwide! Locallizing it down to just MN isn't going to get you a whole lot of people, and just a bunch of cross posting (if you do a forum, that is). But, if you want to do it, go for it.
                  -Brad-
                  89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                  sigpic
                  Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I agree and disagree, with no disrespect towards you.

I agree that Minnesota car fans, especially ones with the 60 degree v6's and w-bodies, need to have a place where we can all get together more and talk. There are how many j-body, w-body, this body, that body, this engine...websites, and there is no centralized unity, especially for states. So I do agree that we have a fine site here, and many other sites.

I disagree because I really want to have a Minnesota meet at some point, and a website or specific section of a forum, where it's not just a bunch of random cars with no shared interests.

I'm up for another website, or for websites to allow state by state sections. Maybe someone could do a United States General Motors V6 Forum...and have the sections broken down into states?

Comment

We used to have a section that had different forums for different regions (I think we had 5-6 regions). They never got used. So we grouped it into a single regional discussion area. And even this hardly ever gets used. Maybe people just don't understand that is its purpose...?
                      -Brad-
                      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                      sigpic
                      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

LOL typically not. But I came into this scene AFTER they were deleted...let's petition for a MN ONLY section?

Comment

yeah, Krenzy got what i mean, he got the points i wanted to share about. really the thing is, in minnesota i do see some 3.4 DOHC's, TGP, or even TSTE, i really do want to hook them up, or make a group that is similar to my Z34, w-body, TGP's, u know.. i only have my friend and my brother who own Z34's, TGP, GTPS and myself. probably we get bored of each others and i want to see friends hook up who own W-body's and the reason why i want to open a section of Minnesota website, so that i can send to all who is member to this WWW, send them email that we r gunna meet up this weekend, one for all, less hassle, faster, easier for me and others who is in minnesota. doesnt mean that i dont like this www, no, i really love this website, its wow.

other reasons for new minn WWW
                          - emailing them to hook up
                          - forums
                          - see if anyone want to buy or sell (partically sell or trade or buy for wbody's) easier faster..

many things we can achieve for.. USA is a big place. Minn makes it better lol

what do u think..?
                          sigpic
                          -1992 Red Z34 284
                          -1990 TSTE
                          -1991 GTP
                          -1992 B Z34 parts
                          -1992 R Z34 parts

Comment

I get what you're saying Motorhead. There seems to be a lack of centralized MN activity, and mainly because it's so scattered throughout the web. Even the MN grand prix club is scattered.

Oh and Motorhead, I replied to your PM and want to add Best Offer.

Comment

It sounds like a good idea but i probably would not participate on a local forum of that size just because i have so many others to check. I have aleromod, gagt.com, 60*v6, autopia, dootalk (snowmobiles), snowest (snowmobiles). Another forum just puts me on the computer for too long, especially for the limited activity it would have. I think leaving an open MN thread on here and using pm's or an email address list for notifications of meets would do the trick.
                              Lots of mods cost lots of $$
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2598719/1

Comment

Working...
                              X