'01 Monte Carlo and a After Market Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '01 Monte Carlo and a After Market Radio

My sister-n-law asked me to install a radio in her '01 Monte Carlo. She bought the radio, a Dual brand touchscreen model XDVD210. I purchased all the harness, extra wiring, and such. Most of the research I read said that there was a harness kit that included a bypass module that if you didn't use, you lost your door chimes and ON STAR if your car was equipped. She didn't mind loosing the chimes or OS.
    As I was installing it, I noticed that she had an integrated alarm system that goes thru the radio. I continued the install and after all was said and done, The radio worked fine except there was no sound what so ever. Because as I remembered Dual warned that their radios may not work in some vehicles, I decided to call it a night and do some research. She then called and said there were several dash functions lost. My question is this, is it the radio or the harness module or the integrated system?

I know that my step dad put a JVC head unit in my wifes moms monte and had to use the the box that keeps the chimes and such, so go to wal-mart or wherever you bought the radio stuff and get that little box from schocheand if that don't help get a pioneer or JVC head unit and ditch the dual.
    hope this helps.
    1994 Chevy Beretta Z26
    CAI
    180 degree thermostat
    high flow muffler
    3400 V6 Throttle Body

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X