3.8 '04 buick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 '04 buick

2004 Buick Lesabre 3.8L No start condition.
    New cam Sensor, Crank sensor, ICM, ECU, dealer reflashed and security coded. We got everything but injector pulse, no ground signal from computer, B+ present. Checked all wires with ohm meter from cam/crank sensors to icm and icm to ecu, all good, checked all power to ecu and all grounds out of ecu also good.

First thing in the morning or after letting it sit for 15-20 minutes, crank motor, we get pulse and cam signal like it should for the first 2-3 seconds of crank and motor attempts to start, then we have a loss of cam signal, monitoring on scanner. Try to start again and no signal at all, pops a code for loss of cam signal. Currently, trying to swap out signal wire, because we don't know what else to do. Any ideas?
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Its not a 60V6, that is the problem.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

hey i dont own it! Its a customer but, i'm at my wits end, any ideas?
      sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
      A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
      Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
      Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
      PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Set it on fire and call it a day. I dunno, with electronics I always check the grounds for corrosion. An 04 shouldn't have that problem but who knows.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107
          Its not a 60V6, that is the problem.
          Originally posted by SappySE107
          Set it on fire and call it a day.
          hahahaha Ben is on a roll today!!

Yeah my guess is maybe a bad, broken, or pinched wire somewhere. Maybe even a bad pin in the connectors or a bad crimp on them.

Maybe the trigger on the cam is spinning free? Not sure if that's possible I've never seen how a 3800 cam is made....
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

To speak for weird electrical issues, I had my Alero (ecotec) in the shop for almost 2 weeks for them to diagnose a intermittent no-start condition. It ended up being a loose connection INSIDE the fuse block. I searched for a couple weeks before I finally gave up and brought it in. And I don't think I would have ever found that problem anyway.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
            X