No announcement yet.

'90 3.1 LIM-problems with removal-help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : '90 3.1 LIM-problems with removal-help!

from what i can tell i have all of the bolts removed & 3/4 of the LIM moves around a good bit but the back half appears to be attached somewhere near the top of the back valve cover-it feels like its ready to come right out but is acting like it has 1 more bolt that i missed-can someone please help me figure out whats going on?

a picture of the rear bank cylinder side of the 1st gen 3.1 LIM would be very hepful as well-i have 4 bolts taken out of the back-what is snagging me still & if its just old gasket material ill get it but i really dont want to break anything!

according to alldata, there are 8 bolts holding the LIM down. so it sounds like you have all of the bolts removed. must be something else...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Well you really can't "break it" unless you get really angry.

Could simply be a nasty bit of RTV hanging on.

If even one bolt was tight, it wouldn't move around.
      Last edited by asylummotorsports; 10-21-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

you did remove the valve covers right?

Comment

i got it-turns out it was a bolt that went through the valve cover & into the LIM that was right under the intake runner going to cylinder number 5 & one on the other side that had wires covering it.

i took the LIM to my machinist buddy to have the broken off nipple removed, it was red locktighted in & he had to very carefully cut it in most of the way in half, break it in two, extract it, & clean the threads out-& he did so for $5-said it was quite the bitch, too.

hopefully everything goes together smoothly today & ill get her up & running again

oh & asylum, im a pretty big fuck & a good amount stronger than i tend to realize, ive known for some time that i have to be gentle with things because if you have to really force it-it tends to break. i cant even tell you how many bolts & parts ive broken before i learned this lesson-let alone the being big thing doesnt help when working in tight spaces at ALL.
          Last edited by no_doz; 10-26-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X