alternator pulley bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator pulley bolt

how in the sweet name of god can i remove the alternator pulley bolt..i tried some penetrating catalyst and its stuck fast in there. i also dont have much choice for keeping it from rotating..

only reason im asking is because i got a 14% alt underdrive pulley from zzp just for the hell of it to see if it does anything..haha
    2002 Chevy Malibu 3400sfi - Project Sleeper - Good night

Boost - Coming soon to a malibu near you.

Try an impact. Sometimes it needs the multiple beatings dished out by an impact instead of strait up honking torque.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I usually don't recommend the alternator pulley be swapped. Any gains in this area will be accomplished via the crank under drive pulley. The gains are only measurable on a stopwatch anyway and the strain on your battery, poor electrical performance from high current consumers diminished lamp brightness at low RPM's just isn't worth it in my book. Crank under drive helps, but going for a total underdrive system only matters to guys looking for that last hundredth of a second at the strip.

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

yeah i started thinking..its only 14% underdrive but i have a sound system and crap so i probably shouldnt really underdrive the alt..ill figure out a use for it somehwhere haha. where can i get a crank underdrive pulley for the 3100/3400 sfi for a decent price?
        2002 Chevy Malibu 3400sfi - Project Sleeper - Good night

Boost - Coming soon to a malibu near you.

Comment

This came up pretty quickly on google, I wonder if our own super duper fantastical WOT-Tech guys have a source?

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

That's just a pulley though, I'm not so sure I would want to run an engine without a damper on it.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
            X