SES light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light

Okay, so my SES light is on in my '01 Century. The car drives fine and there are no problems that I can see. When this happened a while back, I put in a new air filter because the one in it was filthy. After a few miles of driving, the light went out. This time I put a new filter in (not entirely sure that that was the problem) and unhooked the battery for like an hour. How the heck to you turn this stupid light off. If it wasn't the air filter, I know what the problem is, but until I do fix it, I don't want the stupid light shining in my face. How the heck to you get rid of it? All unhooking the battery did was undo my radio stations.

go to autozone and they can check it with their codescanner for free...

isn't the car under warranty? just take it to the dealer..

Cliff Scott
    89 BerettaGT
    89 Volvo740
    Cliff Scott
    89 BerettaGT
    04 AleroGX

Comment

Also make sure that your gas cap is on all the way that will cause a SES light.
      2006 G6 GTP MT6
      Vector Motorsports ECU
      Classic Performance 2.5 Inch Exhaust
      v6h.o. Downpipe
      Custom Intake

Comment

No warranty because we bought it used.

So after I find out what's wrong (which I kind of already know), how do I get rid of the light???

Comment

uhh... the car is warrantied for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles no matter who owns it... (at least I know my dad has been a second-owner with a factory warranty)

Cliff Scott
          89 BerettaGT
          89 Volvo740
          Cliff Scott
          89 BerettaGT
          04 AleroGX

Comment

To clear the code, go to autozone, get their code scanner and delete the code, then the light will turn off.
            -Homer

Comment

No warranty. The car now has over 60,000 miles and was bought through a small, local guy who picks cars up at auctions.

I thought I once heard that Autozone doesn't have the means to scan OBD-II vehicles. Maybe I'll have to give them a call tomorrow.......

Comment

Working...
              X