GM Engine & trans Specs 03-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Engine & trans Specs 03-09

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this, but below is a link that outlines GM engine/trans specifications from 2003-2009. I didn't quite see anything link this on the forum and figured it could be good reference tool.

P.S. Its been a few years since I've been cruising the forums and the new site is awesome.

some of it's common knowledge, but the rest is kinda cool... nice to know the 06 3900 Monte Carlos are STILL under 3400 lbs....
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Interesting info for sure. Wish GM could keep their shit together though, there seems to be a lot of broken links.

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
      some of it's common knowledge, but the rest is kinda cool... nice to know the 06 3900 Monte Carlos are STILL under 3400 lbs....
      There's something to be said for 20 year old platforms. Looking on chevy.com, a new (and smaller) v6 malibu is about over 250lbs heavier than said Monte even with its all aluminum (3.6L) engine....
      Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
      1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Comment

the a-cars were even lighter, but they also felt it too...... there was some damn good engineering that went into the W platform, safe as hell without being a pig is a MAJOR plus for me.

and the malibu has the 3.6 now? i thought they were moving to all 4 bangers? hell, the new regal can't get anything bigger than a 4, and it's a larger car, and on an even heavier platform...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
          the a-cars were even lighter, but they also felt it too...... there was some damn good engineering that went into the W platform, safe as hell without being a pig is a MAJOR plus for me.

and the malibu has the 3.6 now? i thought they were moving to all 4 bangers? hell, the new regal can't get anything bigger than a 4, and it's a larger car, and on an even heavier platform...
          turbo will get the regal movin.
          Mike 60degree addict.
          Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
          sigpic
          65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

Working...
          X