Vehicle Race Simulation Software

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chri0029
    replied
    CarSim does sound really familiar. I could have been using an older version years ago. I have a few old computer towers downstairs collecting dust I would have to go through to see if I still had this program (if it even still boots up!)

    Otherwise, I was looking at the picture above and the inputs look very similar to what I used years ago (just prettier these days since it's obviously been remastered). I think all the programs are probably all about the same. Just the program I used before had a cool feature that once you built-up your vehicle, you could actually race it on the 1/4 mile strip vs. other vehicles you chose.

    If we end-up finding a truely 'free' program, we'll have to post it on this site for all.

    Leave a comment:


  • mfewtrail
    replied
    Originally posted by chri0029 View Post
    Yea, I can't remember the name of it at all either. I've tried googling with no luck. It was a sweet program though, wasn't it? Was cool for even playing with trans & rear end ratios.

    For some reason, I can't get any of the links to "save as" on the site you listed. Maybe it's a server issue so I will try later. Let me know if it works for you.

    Robert, please explain your comment more.
    I didn't try to click the links on that page, I just assumed they still worked since the site was still up. I have a copy of cartest somewhere on an old HD. PM(private message) me your email address and I'll send you a copy of it when I find it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Weatheralls Auto
    replied
    Also just found
    Carsim7
    Applied Intuition provides the most accurate and computationally efficient methods for simulating the dynamic performance of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and specialty vehicles. Our software runs with Windows OS and most real-time systems.


    This looks quite interesting!!

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied
    Originally posted by Weatheralls Auto View Post
    There is Drag2003, though not free it may be sourced from somewhere.
    'splaining finished!

    if not occasionally optimistic, it does give a good idea of what will and will not help.

    it's also nice for setting up WOT shift points too since the Pro Iterator will determine best shift points based on your entire power curve, not just peaks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Weatheralls Auto
    replied
    There is Drag2003, though not free it may be sourced from somewhere.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • chri0029
    replied
    Yea, I can't remember the name of it at all either. I've tried googling with no luck. It was a sweet program though, wasn't it? Was cool for even playing with trans & rear end ratios.

    For some reason, I can't get any of the links to "save as" on the site you listed. Maybe it's a server issue so I will try later. Let me know if it works for you.

    Robert, please explain your comment more.

    Leave a comment:


  • mfewtrail
    replied
    I can't remember the name of that program, but I remember using it as far back as 12 or so years ago. There's a similar one I've used more recently called "car test." You can find it here(if the link still works).



    I believe car test isn't as in-depth as that other program, but it can do acceleration calculations and maybe other stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied
    i could point you toward at least one "free" one...

    Leave a comment:


  • chri0029
    started a topic Vehicle Race Simulation Software

    Vehicle Race Simulation Software

    Back in college (almost 10 years go) we used to have a DOS-based freeware program which used to simulate vehicle racing. The pictures/graphics were really dull, but that wasn't the point. It was purely physics-based. Your inputs were vehicle mass, frontal area, tire size, bhp at x rpm, peak torque at x rpm, etc. Your outputs were your vehicle's predicted 1/4 time, your vehicle's top speed, etc. It even had a feature that had like a few dots that would move across the screen which showed how your vehicle fared vs. other vehicles already in the system. Again, not pretty but that wasn't the point.

    The beauty is that you could predict analytically how vehicle 'adjustments' would affect your ride quickly and easily. It appears that there are fancier programs currently available on the market, but it costs in the $50 to $100 range.

    Does anybody know the freeware program I am talking about? If I find it, I will have to post it on this site.
Working...