Fuel Pumps

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 92cavquest
    replied
    Thank you very much. I appreciate all the help.

    Leave a comment:


  • IsaacHayes
    replied
    The FPR is on your fuel rail by the throttle body. The stock FPR for that year I think is 55psi so you are fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • 92cavquest
    replied
    It's a 1997 cavalier swapped w/ a 3400 out of a 2000 grand am.

    Leave a comment:


  • IsaacHayes
    replied
    What is your vehicle? Stock you should have a FPR anyways.

    Leave a comment:


  • 92cavquest
    replied
    Slightly off-topic and I'm sorry, but I've learned alot from this post and have a quick question.

    If I need 55 psi and the pump will put out up to 80 psi, will I need to get a fpr to adjust the pressure down a bit?

    My fuel system is a return style and I'm getting mixed results (answers) from another forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • EMX5636
    replied
    The A1000's are nice pumps. I've had problems with them overheating on longer trips in customer cars. They say right in the instructions that they recommend buying a voltage regulator for anything seeing more than 30mins of runtime, or less than 10gals of fuel.

    Leave a comment:


  • loner666
    replied
    Just putting it out there. Ive had my Walbro 255 for about two years now, roughly 20k miles with it and no problems at all. My only complant is that its TOO QUIET. My stock pump was louder. Can barely hear my Walbro

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by 91DOHC284 View Post
    Personally i wouldn't trust bosh at all... if your gonna go get a bosh pump form a reker, go for it cuz its probably gonna be old and those ones were well made but keep in mind they are used. but I would never buy anything new that bosh makes... a few years ago bosh was high quality, now they dont give a rats ass about quality they are all about profit. aka buy a set of bosh plugs, have 2 duds... same with anything they make now day's.

    I know what you mean. My 1998 F150 had the origional (from Ford) Bosch plugs in it when they were changed at 125k miles. They were still working fine, but figured it was time to replace. The next set was MotorCraft and lasted 60k before the elctrodes were so worn, that the gap had been doubled, lol. This time I put Bosch back in, and two months later one of the electrodes and ceremic tips had completely broke off - luckily I have noticed no damage.

    Leave a comment:


  • 91DOHC284
    replied
    Personally i wouldn't trust bosh at all... if your gonna go get a bosh pump form a reker, go for it cuz its probably gonna be old and those ones were well made but keep in mind they are used. but I would never buy anything new that bosh makes... a few years ago bosh was high quality, now they dont give a rats ass about quality they are all about profit. aka buy a set of bosh plugs, have 2 duds... same with anything they make now day's.

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael View Post
    I was always curious if it was ok to do this. Good insurance in case one fails too no doubt, especially under boost.
    Any downsides to external fuel pumps?
    That's how my Aeromotive was in the GN and he hit 8's after going to the A1200

    Originally posted by TurboGTU View Post
    http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuelpumpguide.htm

    Just something to look at.
    You can also run pumps in series like the fords. One pusher pump and the primary pump. It will not increase the flow rate of both pumps but KEEP the same flow rate at higher pressures because the pumps work less to push the fuel.

    That Aeromotive pump is a good score!
    I'm not going to pull my fuel tank, it's on top of the rear end - when IT comes out, I'll mod the pickup to use only an external.

    Leave a comment:


  • TurboGTU
    replied
    No down side to an external pump. The good thing about factory high flow external pumps is that you can score them at the J/Y for cheap. I had found a Porche Bosch pump for like $15 and two Ford F series pumps for $30. All units tested good.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1988GTU
    replied
    Price! They are often more expensive by a large %.

    Leave a comment:


  • Azrael
    replied
    Originally posted by TurboGTU View Post
    You can also run pumps in series like the fords. One pusher pump and the primary pump. It will not increase the flow rate of both pumps but KEEP the same flow rate at higher pressures because the pumps work less to push the fuel.
    I was always curious if it was ok to do this. Good insurance in case one fails too no doubt, especially under boost.
    Any downsides to external fuel pumps?

    Leave a comment:


  • TurboGTU
    replied


    Just something to look at.
    You can also run pumps in series like the fords. One pusher pump and the primary pump. It will not increase the flow rate of both pumps but KEEP the same flow rate at higher pressures because the pumps work less to push the fuel.

    That Aeromotive pump is a good score!

    Leave a comment:


  • Z26-T
    replied
    So it's basically a hit and miss with even the walbros.

    Leave a comment:

Working...