Attempting LY7 Fiero

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sYkboy
    replied
    OK, apparently there is not much interest or no one has a lot of info, yet.

    Thanks anyway, I will share when I find out something.

    jay
    Last edited by sYkboy; 03-28-2007, 11:11 PM. Reason: At least one grammar error. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • sYkboy
    replied
    Yep

    I KNOW the 3.6 would be the bomb. Especially if I could find a tanked Acadia/Outlook/Enclave.
    Last edited by sYkboy; 03-20-2007, 10:33 PM. Reason: killed double post.

    Leave a comment:


  • sYkboy
    replied
    Yep

    That is basically what I was thinking. HPtuners lists them but I will have to get mucho supporto for that. I haven't jacked with tuning anything yet and the 3.6 may be a beatch to start with. I don't know. I think the project could be wonderful and worthwhile but will probably put me in the loony bin. I am not going to let that stop me though. What may stop me is the fact that I just found 2 Short Stars with rel. low mileage at the bone yard in complete cars. Mmmust Re...re..sist the temptation.........

    Leave a comment:


  • onefastV6
    replied
    Originally posted by sYkboy View Post
    Hey fellow 60ºers. I am new to the site and figured you guys might lend more info than I have been able to find anywhere else. I could really use assistance in finding info on wiring harness and such to put an LY7 in a Fiero. Haven't purchased engine yet, may wait for LY7/6spd auto combo from the '07s. Though using the 4T65E combo from a LaCrosse or Rendezvous would probably be easier. I want to get my ducks in a row or better yet a flying 60º Vee!

    Thanks,
    Jay
    Nice choice on the engine, I would love to see a completed 3.6L swap.
    The wiring harness is going to be pain, but I suggest starting with the 3.6L wiring harness and going from there. Also I am not sure how GM is handling their tranny programming now days as I was told by a friend that his 07 Trail Blazer SS had a separate PCM that controlled the tranny. If this is the case for the 3.6, it might make the swap easier.

    HPtuners supports the 3.6L, so that should help iron out most of the codes and security issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • sYkboy
    started a topic Attempting LY7 Fiero

    Attempting LY7 Fiero

    Hey fellow 60ºers. I am new to the site and figured you guys might lend more info than I have been able to find anywhere else. I could really use assistance in finding info on wiring harness and such to put an LY7 in a Fiero. Haven't purchased engine yet, may wait for LY7/6spd auto combo from the '07s. Though using the 4T65E combo from a LaCrosse or Rendezvous would probably be easier. I want to get my ducks in a row or better yet a flying 60º Vee!

    Thanks,
    Jay
Working...