browsing performance options

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • englundjd
    replied
    Originally posted by bigcheese View Post
    the auto 125c can take a 50 shot of nitrous no prob if thats what you are wondering. They do shift slow, but a shift kit fixes that.
    thats what i was looking for. I think im leaning more twards the nitrous cause i can still pull half decent mpgs and its probably not going to get used all the time. so i dont really think a turbo is feasable

    Leave a comment:


  • ericjon262
    replied
    Originally posted by englundjd View Post
    ive seen tons of gm/chrysler/ford fwd trannys fail. ive never seen a fast shifting auto either lol ... and the no overdrive thing isnt so bad lol the 3.73s in my camaro eat up the overdrive in my 4l60e... so that doesnt really bug me

    my point it not that it left you stranded, what exactly in them breaks? besides cv joints lol
    swap the 4L60e for a TH350 and see how you like no OD...

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest
    Guest replied
    the auto 125c can take a 50 shot of nitrous no prob if thats what you are wondering. They do shift slow, but a shift kit fixes that.

    Leave a comment:


  • englundjd
    replied
    Originally posted by tribbles View Post
    My wife's old Citation had one. Left me stranded on the Interstate with 90k miles on it, and it had already been rebuilt once. I think the '80s were a learning period for GM's Hydramatic division as far as FWD is concerned.
    ive seen tons of gm/chrysler/ford fwd trannys fail. ive never seen a fast shifting auto either lol ... and the no overdrive thing isnt so bad lol the 3.73s in my camaro eat up the overdrive in my 4l60e... so that doesnt really bug me

    my point it not that it left you stranded, what exactly in them breaks? besides cv joints lol

    Leave a comment:


  • tribbles
    replied
    Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
    I had one in my Fiero, it shifts slow and slugish it's only three speeds, the TCC drops the RPM's more than the shifts, no overdrive ect.
    My wife's old Citation had one. Left me stranded on the Interstate with 90k miles on it, and it had already been rebuilt once. I think the '80s were a learning period for GM's Hydramatic division as far as FWD is concerned.
    Last edited by tribbles; 03-20-2013, 01:53 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ericjon262
    replied
    Originally posted by englundjd View Post
    gonna stick to gen 2 cause i have checked around and the closest junk yard that ever seems to be able to keep 3x00 engines in stock is about 300 miles away. that and i like a challenge lol

    please enlighten me on why the trans is crap.
    I had one in my Fiero, it shifts slow and slugish it's only three speeds, the TCC drops the RPM's more than the shifts, no overdrive ect.

    Leave a comment:


  • englundjd
    replied
    Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
    I would save my money and do a swap, but if you dead set of sticking with the gen 2 setup, I would go boost, mainly because its always there when you need it, no opening or filling the bottle necessary. but it does cost more up front to implement, done right, it probably would cost as much as a swap.

    also, the TH125c is a POS, I would ditch it at the earliest opportunity possible.
    gonna stick to gen 2 cause i have checked around and the closest junk yard that ever seems to be able to keep 3x00 engines in stock is about 300 miles away. that and i like a challenge lol

    please enlighten me on why the trans is crap.

    Leave a comment:


  • ericjon262
    replied
    I would save my money and do a swap, but if you dead set of sticking with the gen 2 setup, I would go boost, mainly because its always there when you need it, no opening or filling the bottle necessary. but it does cost more up front to implement, done right, it probably would cost as much as a swap.

    also, the TH125c is a POS, I would ditch it at the earliest opportunity possible.

    Leave a comment:


  • englundjd
    started a topic browsing performance options

    browsing performance options

    I'm browsing my options here. Im planning on a new y-pipe and catback. and a cold air system of some kind.

    beyond that im not planning any internal work till the engine lets loose

    with that said..

    how much will the A3 trans hold?
    is the 3.1L safe to run a small nitrous shot say around ~50hp
    would low boost + intercooler be possible?

    I am fairly tuning savy. and know the implications of nitrous but turbos are new to me.

    I'm tossing around these ideas because I want to get my car moving and an engine swap isn't in the cards.

    go ahead and move this to the boost section if that's more appropriate for my questions
    Last edited by englundjd; 03-17-2013, 07:20 PM.
Working...