No announcement yet.

3500 in a P'up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know why you were asking, but don't forget his son works with him. The crank triggers would be a repeat job, so that could be taken care of by a machine operator. The DRTC's are a different story since not only are they custom, he was using outside sources. It also has me intrigued, just was making guesses though.
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

Maybe I should get a crank trigger while I can, so I can use this LX9 someday when I finally have somewhere to put it.
      '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
      '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
      '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
      '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

Re. the crank pulley; I tried the third time to pull it on with a bolt - goes about 1/2 way. I measured the OD of the shaft - looks like 31.7mm. Measured the crank pulley ID, about 31.5mm. I am going to take the pulley to a machine shop and have them check to see if the bore is true/linear or has a taper in it. It needs to have about .010" taken out to fit.
        I have located all the sensors and their connectors and wires on the LX9 to marry it to the '94 Cav harness. Now to tidy up the wiring, eliminating the non-engine/ECM wiring. Good winter project!

Comment

It's a press fit, I wouldn't have it machined unless your mixing and matching parts, or if this is some aftermarket HB that was never on an engine before.
          Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 01-20-2014, 04:32 PM.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Measured the shaft dia. - 1.225". Measured the pulley ID - 1.215, 0.0100 difference. Reinstalled the OEM pulley, goes on and off fine. Maybe the Chinese-made pulleys us a different micrometer!

Comment

Hi All,
              Back in the game.... My copy of the wiring diagram for the ECU appears to be missing info on the far right side when printed. Do all the connections from the ECU (usually black or brown) that go to a 'dot' mean ground?
              I cannot find the original link from Z24. If you have it, please forward. BTW, I was able to get the crank pulley and sensor ring and CPS all on and lined up.

Comment

I have collected many diagrams, which one are you looking at? What vehicle and/or ECU is it for?
                '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
                '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
                '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
                '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

Working...
                X