Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street/Strip Cam Idle

A couple of video's, hope you like them

Stage 2 Comp WOT-TECH heads,upper and lower intake P&P,street/strip cam,Custom pushrods, TCE LS Lifter Springs, Knife edge crank,Dimond Pistons 10.7:1,65mm T...

Stage 2 Comp WOT-TECH heads, upper and lower intake P&P, street/strip cam, Custom pushrods, TCE LS Lifter Springs, Dimond Pistons 10.7:1, 65mm TB, stage 3 custom cold air intake, heat shield(only for Heat protection on Temp and MAF sensor), DHP Tuner, Adj FPR, #28 injectors, MSD ign coils, talyor wires, S&S header, S&S high flow cat, borla cat Back, all ARP studs, TCE double timing chain with crank kits, Cometic head gaskets, A/C deleted, HF water pump, and so on

not bad it's got a nice steady idle.
    sigpic
    99 Grand Am GT
    3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
    Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
    1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
    515 515 lift 112 lsa
    15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Sounds good......very similar to mine (yours is just a bit louder).
      Had it tuned yet? I saw some pretty decent gains after tuning with similar mods.
      Matt
      2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
      3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

Very nice Idle quality videos can really help people figure out which cam they want. That engine bay looks great too!
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I heard the same cam running on OBD1 in a 3400 with headers and it sounded quite a bit different... maybe the SFI is helping it out...

Sounds good though, very smooth.
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Thanks for the comments
            Last edited by ShieldsM; 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM.
            Stage 2 Comp WOT-TECH heads, upper and lower intake P&P, street/strip cam, Custom pushrods, TCE LS Lifter Springs, Dimond Pistons 10.7:1, 65mm TB, stage 3 custom cold air intake, heat shield(only for Heat protection on Temp and MAF sensor), DHP Tuner, Adj FPR, #28 injectors, MSD ign coils, talyor wires, S&S header, S&S high flow cat, borla cat Back, all ARP studs, TCE double timing chain with crank kits, Cometic head gaskets, A/C deleted, HF water pump, and so on

Comment

what chain did you have prior? i would like to know if the 99 gm chain holds up with this cam...

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

I was using the OEM, witch was very small. This chain streched in 5K, but this is do to the valve springs. I hear the pre 99 work great, but now I'm running the TCE timing kit with crank.
                Last edited by ShieldsM; 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I have my 99 GM setup on there still and its holding up good. As noted though, its typically the springs that your using that will also speed up chain wear. I also had my chain cryogenically treated so that may be helping a bit. TCE is a nice solution, but I'm not up for tearing the whole motor apart again to have the crank turned.

Got Lope?
                  3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                  Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                  Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                  12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Wow hearing jon's car and now your grand am. I want a cam really bad.I would really like to do a engine build in the very near future.

Comment

HAHA, one thing at a time now Rob... Lets get the stock pig running right, and then we can get you a mild street and strip cam to have some fun with.

Got Lope?
                      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by robert 1980 View Post
                        Wow hearing jon's car and now your grand am. I want a cam really bad.I would really like to do a engine build in the very near future.
                        here's mine for video sake. IIRC when Ben had the user videos on the WOT site he called it a stage 4 n/a
                        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

i've had the 99 GM timing set in there from the start and haven't taken it off or heard a peep from it yet. while mine may not have as many miles on it as Jon's it get's driven just as hard.
                        sigpic
                        99 Grand Am GT
                        3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                        Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                        1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                        515 515 lift 112 lsa
                        15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

I agree 100% with you there i can't wait.I really can't wait to see what it can do!!!!

Comment

i could really use another video for a street/strip cam. or any other videos infact

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Whatever exhaust you run has a lot to do with the tone of the cam.....you can barely detect mine.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/idle_2080284.htm
                              Matt
                              2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
                              3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

Working...
                              X