Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get Red 96/97 Spark Plug Wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get Red 96/97 Spark Plug Wires?

Topic pretty much says it all..... As long as I have the motor out, I am doing all the maintenance that is a PITA with it in the car....new plugs/wires, alternator, starter, timing belt, etc.

Thanks!

magnecor is what I recommend for quality. If you just want red, MSD are red.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

what engine do you have??? 3.1/3.4DOHC whtis makes all the difference. Casue if you have a 3.1/3100 these are easy to find. If you have a pre 96 3.4DOHC you can get Taylor Wires. If you have a 96+ 3.4DOHC then you either have the choice of Magnacore or making your own.
      I dont know what this means but "ASS HATS" is funny

Comment

He has a DOHC, this is the DOHC section!

Comment

Originally posted by series8217 View Post
          He has a DOHC, this is the DOHC section!
          yeah real nice Mr. Obvious but I know I have seen at least one other person posting in this section (DOHC) that doesnt have one.

Try not to be an ignorant person it makes people go away. Think about it.
          I dont know what this means but "ASS HATS" is funny

Comment

Alright already....sheesh! First of all, let's assume that we are intelligent people (I know, go with me on this....). I posted this to the DOHC section, not the OHV one......

Sooo.....of course I was asking about the DOHC motor. That being said..... I went with some Bosch wires from Autozone.....BORING gray! Oh well, they are functional and they will work.... FWIW, the 96/97 motors for some reason are bastard motors. I know they moved the coilpacks in 96, but come on.....nobody can make a performance set for this iteration? Strange.....you would figure the cut length of the wires would be different and that is about it....

Oh well.....

Thanks guys!

Comment

As Ben stated, Magnecor. PN is 65202 for the 8.5mm set.

They also have 7mm (60202) and 8mm (67202).

-Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Personally I would say shopping at Autozone is half your problem... But I have my reasons. I have Magnecors on mine.

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by Identity Crisis View Post
                  yeah real nice Mr. Obvious but I know I have seen at least one other person posting in this section (DOHC) that doesnt have one.
                  Read the post dude. He mentions the damn timing belt! Non-DOHCs dont have those! Put two and two together. DOHC section + timing belt = he's asking about the DOHC.

Comment

Working...
                  X