Cam tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam tools

hate to start another cam timing thread but. Have a 93 cutlass and want to do the 6/6 timing. I know i will have to deal with the lockrings, but can someone set me strait on what the best (cheapest) way to go about buying a set of tools do get this done. Saw a set on etool.com for big bucks that i would buy if i had too. thanks

Camron

You will need someone to make the hold down tool with the timing built in.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Such as the tool that dohcfiend is going to make? Will his tool enable me to time my cams despite the lockrings. Would I be better off switching to 94 cam gears? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        You will need someone to make the hold down tool with the timing built in.
        Do you have to use a cam timing tool, or is there another way of timing the cams such as a degree wheel?

Kyle
        1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible - 3.4 DOHC, Black/Black, Leather Graphite Interior
        1983 Cutlass Supreme - 455 Swap In Progress
        1968 Dart GT Convertible - 360 c.i.
        1989 Ford Probe GT- Chip. 14.8@92.5, Fun D.D

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, you're going to need the sprocket hold down tool. This keeps the actual sprocket from turning when you're trying to loosen the bolt to the lock rings.
          1999 SVT Lightning
          1996 Monte Z34 R.I.P.
          Next BEATER: a C5
          http://www.fquick.com/ez112

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll get the sprocket hold down, I am in the same positon as phantomgreen, I don't want to buy the timing tool unless I need it since I will probably never use it again.

Cool 442 BTW
            Last edited by RocketMan; 04-17-2007, 10:25 AM.
            1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible - 3.4 DOHC, Black/Black, Leather Graphite Interior
            1983 Cutlass Supreme - 455 Swap In Progress
            1968 Dart GT Convertible - 360 c.i.
            1989 Ford Probe GT- Chip. 14.8@92.5, Fun D.D

Comment

If you were close by, I'd just let you use it! It wouldn't be the first time that I'd loan out the timing tools. I used it more than once though.

Thanks on the compliments on the Cutlass. But she's been inactive for a long time. Have to get off my ass and put her together!
              1999 SVT Lightning
              1996 Monte Z34 R.I.P.
              Next BEATER: a C5
              http://www.fquick.com/ez112

Comment

Working...
              X