• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good.

Comment

• Nice welding job man! Laying dimes like a Boss lol

Comment

• Lots of work in the past month on this pig...

Pulled the trans to try my last RevMax converter that I had made for free to replace the "rebuilt" one that had slipping lockup. Spoiler alert** LUCKILY after doing everything I did this time around the converter is working as it should be.

Now on to what was done.
        Had the LSD serviced since it took a good beating after I broke the axle and it spun freely in 2015... Been driving on it since then and always felt that it seemed a bit loose after that. Come to find out a mod done to make the plates fit the HD diff compromised the spider gear which caused it to gaul up easy and slip easier. That's been repaired and it's back in and running...

On top of that I decided it was time to upgrade to my 4t65e 03+ ratchet type sprags for the input and 3rd gear clutches. That also required me to purchase new input clutches since the splines are different. Also while I was in there I found 4th gear was slipping, not sure why but made some changes there, removed every other piston return spring, removed shift passage check ball and went back to metallic type Raybestos clutches vs the Alto reds.

Next on the list was acquiring the Sonnax 3rd gear billet piston... That took way too long and really shouldn't have so that's what held up this whole project. Once I got that in the build was on it's way. New Raybestos stage 1 65e Input clutches, New Alto 2nd gear pack, re-used 3rd gear Raybestos Z-pak clutches, and Metallic Raybestos 4th clutches. Replaced all the bushings, replaced the input hub due to some wear from 2nd gear splines, replaced axle seals with axle seal/support bearing's (if you've never seen these they have a roller bearing that helps support the axle itself, really neat) New thrust washers, new drive chain and of course the RevMax high stall converter (existing one was a stock 2095 stall unit). This is the first time I've actually messed with valve body passages and check balls and I have to say... 3rd gear shift is NICE and so is 4th. I've always thought 3rd just slipped in and was so slow... I'm hoping this change gains me a few in the 1/4 as well because now it's real quick and firm! I'll get some pictures up later today.
        Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 10-04-2016, 09:47 AM.

Got Lope?
        3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
        Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
        Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
        12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

• Used my new engine support brace.... Way easier than trying to work around a damn hoist, and then having a jack stand under the engine.

Spider failure

Burnt 4th gear clutches

Excess wear on input hub where 2nd gear interfaces

New axle support bearing/seals

Sonnax 3rd gear performance piston

ZZP aluminum trans pan

Checkball removal for improved 4th gear shift, and hopefully overall apply pressure.

3rd gear up and down shift orifices drilled out for quicker improved shifting

New Chain

Channel plate and valve body fun...

Then I stripped out this hole...

All back in on Sat night.

Woke up and remembered I forgot a spring.... LOVELY

She's all up and running now and feels great. I may even take the trans out over the winter and drill out the 2nd gear shift orifices because of how nice the 3rd gear shift feels.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
          X