Another Beretta Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Beretta Noob

Hi y'all, my name's Alan, and I have a 1992 Beretta with a 3.1/3t40 combo.

I haven't done much to the car: a CAI, Forced_firebird's headers, 2.5" exhaust, and some suspension improvements.

Other than that I've got a set of ported manifolds that are going on the car after this holiday stuff calms down, and I've got Z seats coming for it next year.

Sorry, am still lacking pics of the exhaust/headers, but I'll definitely grab some tomorrow.

Alan

Timing belts/chains > me

1992 Beretta GT

Welcome
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Nice to see you here too Alan. You're pretty much doing the exact build I was wanting to do before I decided to go 3x00 with the 5 speed. I'll be really curious to see how everything turns out for you and what kind of numbers the car puts down!

Keep us updated man!

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

Originally posted by kflo 93 gt View Post
        Nice to see you here too Alan. You're pretty much doing the exact build I was wanting to do before I decided to go 3x00 with the 5 speed. I'll be really curious to see how everything turns out for you and what kind of numbers the car puts down!

Keep us updated man!
        I have your intakes sitting on bubble wrap right here. Still shiny enough to see myself in, too.

Hopefully fun things will be afoot when I get them on and a chip in this thing.
        Alan

Timing belts/chains > me

1992 Beretta GT

Comment

You definitely need a tune (and maybe a 3x00)

Glad to see you make it over here.
          Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 12-22-2009, 07:13 PM.
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

Wow!

Brings back memories of the 3-4 years I raced a 3.1/3t40 and was pretty successful!

I'm interested in your thoughts on the header mod. The 3.1 doesn't flow very well but it will be interesting to see what headers do.

And BTW I have a 33/37 gear set for a 3t40 sitting in my shop just wasting space!!

(Makes things interesting!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              You definitely need a tune (and maybe a 3x00)

Glad to see you make it over here.
              The car finally threw a code driving to work this afternoon, but it went away after about 10 seconds, so it's probably the O2 complaining.

Originally posted by asylummotorsports View Post
              Wow!

Brings back memories of the 3-4 years I raced a 3.1/3t40 and was pretty successful!

I'm interested in your thoughts on the header mod. The 3.1 doesn't flow very well but it will be interesting to see what headers do.

And BTW I have a 33/37 gear set for a 3t40 sitting in my shop just wasting space!!

(Makes things interesting!!!)
              The car feels a LOT less stopped up. It runs much smoother and there's less resistance, especially at and above 3000 RPM.

And I apologize, I'm figuring this stuff out so gear sets are still a bit beyond me. I'll bet they're a bit shorter than stock, though.

One odd thing I've noticed is that when I put my foot down, the transmission shifts a bit earlier than it did with the manifolds.
              Alan

Timing belts/chains > me

1992 Beretta GT

Comment

Working...
              X