got dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got dimensions?

well, I decided that since I paid my truck off, it was time to acquire a new tool as a present, I think this little... er... big guy should come in handy!

https://folgertech.com/collections/3...3d-printer-kit

I had wanted a 3d printer for years, but never found one that met my desires that wasn't ridiculously expensive. the build area on this thing is huge! 28"x13"x15" I figure that's big enough to prototype an intake manifold if I wanted (I do...) Lead time on the machine is supposed to be 3 weeks, I'm hoping it's alot faster than that, but I'll just have to wait and see.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

I get bummed out every time I type "titties" in the search bar and nothing pops up....

Built not bought, because bolt-ons don't...

Nice! I bought a 3D printer a couple of your ago now, but haven't used it in probably a year. Mine only has about a 10"x10"x10" printing area, so I could never do a whole manifold, but other items have crossed my mind. Make sure to post pics once you get it going!
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I thought I posted this in "other" not intros... I'll post lots of pictures. the big plan is to use it to make molds for metal castings.
      Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

I get bummed out every time I type "titties" in the search bar and nothing pops up....

Comment

6x6x7 is my build area and I haven't used it much after the first couple months. Mostly because its a pile of garbage:/ Consistency is non existent, so I lost interest in learning how to design parts.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

well, I'm hoping I don't run into the same problems, if I do, I'll just have to figure out a way to fix those too. I have a few ideas for ways to improve rigidity if it becomes necessary.

Comment

Rigidity isn't the issue I have. Its the Z offset, and either the belt system itself, firmware, sensor feedback touching off the corners, or...its just a pile of garbage. Ill get it dialed in, and 3 prints later its eating the bed on the first layer.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
            X