Your Input Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
    Uhm, where do you get to the articles from the main front page??? I'm drawing a blank here.
    exactly, and you have been here how long lol
    no offense to anyone, you were just a very good example of my suggestion up above a few posts lol thanks

its under motors to the left

Comment

I have no clue where to edit that. I have been looking through the admin panel but I haven't seen it yet.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Jeez, are we using GARS or vbadvanced or is gars an addon to vba? I was always better at writing articles, not modifying the site software. Ive deleted users on accident...so do you really want me poking around in there? Time for a backup.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ack! lol I clicked it a bunch but I guess I wasn't seeing the site articles main index and I was getting confused. I've been on the PC too much time to step away lol.

Yeah change Motors to "Articles" or something.
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

The sections under MOTORS, IN DEPTH and TRANSMISSIONS are all articles. Basically, anything that is not the actual forum is an article. I guess I didn't realize it was that confusing.

What did everyone think those sections off to the side were if they weren't articles???
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

To appease the masses...

I've added a link to the Site Articles Index to the Site Navigation menu, way at the top. I have a couple other ideas that I want to run past Ben, then discuss with everyone as well. Maybe we can make all of this get some more activity.

And Ben decided to toss in the towel... The disclaimer in the B/S/T area has been removed. Feel free to post ebay links to your items in the area. But, just make sure you post when the auction is done (as long as it sold) so that the thread can be closed and moved to the Archive area.
              -Brad-
              sigpic

Comment

I thought they were shortcuts to the forum sections, but I never clicked them I just went through the index main page. I think that's what was confusing me because I'd avoid them that way lol. That will help I think Brad. I hope. haha.
                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

sorry I haven't been able to add to this until now, things have been crazy and been preoccupied with other tripe . . .

anyhow, I certainly agree this site really needs more articles. IMO, I think that more information really needs to be offered on various systems of the motors, mostly centered around things that people would be more apt to question first; i.e. how to pick the correct fuel injectors for my app, why need more flow with boost, are performance coils worth it, correct plugs for your app, etc. Also, I also agree having some articles on maintenance work would be great too, especially for those weekend mechanics that just want to be able to keep their rides running in good shape but don't turn wrenches for a living; maybe some info on de-carbing a motor, flushing a cooling system, etc

and surely, we really need more technical info on the trannies that have been partnered up to these motors - I know I said a long while ago that I'd get some information on the T40/45's, sorry I just forgot; but I know that there are others here that know even more on these trannies than I do, too.

Either way, from various sites I've visited, as far as our niche in the world is concerned, there are a lot of very knowledgable people here that are willing to help out with various concerns, questions and the like - and it's all a lot more professional than most other sites. Usually, you only find that kind of shared respect on the boards where hot rodders meet, sbc/bbc fans, muscle car enthusiasts, etc - but you do still get that one rather l33t member now and then. But here is nothing like most ricer community's where everyone is just kinda like "Duh . . . <drool> man . . . them wheels is hawt!" - y'know?
                  N-body enthusiast:
                  {'87 Grand Am SE - 3.0 90* v6} / {'93 Grand Am LE - 3.3 90* v6}
                  {'98 Grand Am SE - 2.4 Q4} / {'99 Grand Am GT1 - 3400 60* v6}

Current Project:
                  {'90 Chevrolet C1500 Sport 350TBI}

Comment

Is it worth my time to develop a "Site Map"? I started working on the following map:

Its fully collapsable and is powered by Javascript, but its not the most user-freindly as far as upgrading goes. I could keep it simple and just stop at the various article sections and it would be easier to maintain, but I don't think it would be as informative. I could also just make it a standard page (ie, non-collapsable) and have everything (ie, all articles) included and it would be much easier to maintain and update. Or is it even worth the effort?
                    -Brad-
                    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't make it any more complex than it needs to be. At that, what is the sitemap going to do different than our left side column? My idea is to change the left side links to get rid of motors, tranmissions, and in depth and just have it say Articles. Then you have to click articles to see everything the way it is now. Modify from there.

I also vote for a homepage. I miss it:P
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I've been tossing around the idea of using Joomla or Drupal as a CMS, which would also give us a homepage. Maybe I'll create a test site and see how it looks/works.
                        -Brad-
                        sigpic

Comment

Body and Electrical

I agree with what some others have said about an electrical and body section. I have been asking some questions about painting my car and have found that alot of people here have some very good info and advise on the subject. I know many people here are probably interested in making thier 60DegreeV6 car look good as well as drive good.

It also seems to me, that most of the people here are more interested in learning and passing on there knowledge for others to learn and teach, rather then getting a quick fix for their car. Everyone here seems to really care about the advise they give others, therefore we trust eachother rather than some mechanic, google search, or other forum. I think thats one of the things that makes this site so popular. And while I might not be able to answer your engine question, I might be able to keep someone who doesn't understand about, for example rms-vs-max watts or impedance or something like that, from blowing out an expensive speaker or amp. Otherwise they are out on some site or forum, probably run by some preadolescent bass monkeys, and probably getting wrong, or no information.

Comment

I agree with TAZ I came here confused by what I found out there in the internet Jungle, and within a few weeks I was comfortable enough to start asking the retarded questions I had about this new fangled DOHC motor I was perplexed over. I feel welcome here and know that I can get my questions answered and not get flamed for being ignorant of the subject matter.

I have began to venture out of the DOHC areas to offer what I may know about general non 60*V6 threads. I love the comradere that is here on this board, I just wish there was someone closer to me so I could have a real face to face discussion about these awesome little powerplants. All I have around here are mustangs, f bodies, ricers, and those few pesky 90*V6 goons

I would like to see some more general electrical stuff especially audio. No street rattlers but upgrade things to enhance the good systems GM put in their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                              Or let everyone sign up, post their ebay shit, and leave. That is what happens. I don't care. Darin doesn't care (cause he doesn't post here anymore or visit the site).
                              Im still around, Just not as much I would like to be.
                              1999 Grand Prix SE 3100
                              1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Ext cab. 5.2L
                              1977 Dodge Power Wagon, Short bed, Fuel injected 360, 4spd, Dana 60's, Little Red Express bed.

Comment

i like the site...but my input is this:

a hybrid section, likely to be an article. id like to see more specs and hybrid swap info. i know there are tons and tons of info here, its just so spread out. i spend more time searching for answers than i do reading new posts. in my searching ive found close to what i needed, but its been tracking down who did what, on what engine, with said part.
                                clarification on parts used, what worked and what didnt. for example: the swap im doing, gen3 heads on an iron head motor...the closest info ive found was gpse3400 uising iron head pistons in a 3400. the rest of the info is guessing and 'i thinks' from other members that havent done it. id like to see something that has the info like a build sheet...
                                3.4 block
                                3400 heads
                                etc. etc.
                                then a list of what it takes for it to work. like push rods have to be remeasured, compression ratio will be, solutions to compression are----, such and such has successfully completed by doing -----,

and the specs on the parts (which in my mind cant be completely factual due to the varience in the measuring weve all seen) like heads have a reported 28cc chamber but have been measured at 26.4, pistons have a 8cc chamber but calcualted 7.78 cc by gm specs, use this valve spring on this head with this retainer for this height( ive seen this somewhere on here before, but it was only for 1 type of head) and so on.

and add to that a tech section. there are some things i see that get scorched on forums (this one and others) that could solved by a no-sh1t, experienced written article. like porting, valve lash adjustment, lifter pre-load, measuring push rod length, understanding camshaft profiles, tuning how to, valve springs, and just basic things that most new to engines dont know and isnt really published. and to take it to an extreme, info that is on this forum that i dont see everywhere else...actual formula and theroy on gas flow, calculations to show runner length, runner dia, throttle body size requirements, conversion charts (mm to inch, cu in to cc), tuning info (.bin files, maps, etc), and simple over looked things (how to calc volume, volume of a cyl, etc). basicly everything that you can think of related to engine designing with in reach.

i see many people asking the same thing over and over about things that have been discussed before. the end result is a smart remark about using the search tool...if the info was easily available it wouldnt be a problem any more.
                                3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
                                96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
                                2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
                                1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

Working...
                                X