one more little section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more little section

I would say keep it still to some sort of standard, like just GM. But, I would like a spot where the odd balls can post stuff that isn't 60 degree specific.

Here's my reasoning. I've looked at tons of other forums...and i'm not blowing smoke up your rear...this forum kicks the hell out of ANYONE else's. There is more information, more patience, more skill, more ingenuity, and MAJOR attempts at getting and keeping it organized, then anywhere I have seen. And lots of that information has inspired and been applied to other projects, that I'm sure not just me, that are not 60 deg motors.

The key here is mods aren't explained with, "bolt on mod X for wicked power yo!" and when you ask how it works get a, "....dude, 'cause its honda and it just does bro!"

Here, we get definition, dynoes, flow charts, how, why, what happens if the "what if" is applied, etc.... and if you don't know you admit it, and if you can find out, you do it. Because of that, we have grown, learned, and applied that information to a wide variety of interests. You nutballs playing with british cars are who I'm talking about.....then again, I'm building an Olds 4.0L Aurora for my Achieva, so I geuss I'm just as odd.

But I think we need that little spot, just because...well just because!
    I happen to have ran across a great little book, with suppliers, procedures, and specifics on how to build a Indy racing series 4.0L Aurora from 1995. This information has been like pulling teeth to locate! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR 4 YEARS!!! And I personally think that the information Nazi's that keep this stuff locked down need to be shot, drawn and quartered, rubbed with 60 grit sand paper, and dipped in rubbing alcohol! Oh, I forgot, and super glueing certain parts of their anatomy shut to watch them suffer when the call of nature screams for relief.
    And if it has to have some kind of connection to 60 degree, the car was a 60 degree car originally.... make that the requirement for the odd ball. Like when you go to the Oldsmobile nationals, the rules state, "In order to participate the vehicle must either be an Oldsmobile or be Powered by an Oldsmobile.

So, "must be a 60 degree original car or be powered by a 60 degree."

My personal reason for this is I wanna BS about my 4 liter once in a while and everyone else on the other sites are a bunch of dumb shits, talking about their 24 inch rims that they ruined their cars with, or try to justify how fast their cars are with a 2000 lbs of stereo equipment in it, and I got nowhere in here to talk about it, and "off topic" don't feel right because it's still kinda on topic....ok that sounded way too much like a begging whine.
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Swap a 60V6 in and you are all set:P
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

LOL AWWW pls?
      Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
      PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

I could rename the Off Topic area to "Anything Goes", or any other suggested name. I just don't see a huge need for yet another area, although I understand where you are coming from...
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I really don't see the need for another topic section.

I love my Quad Beretta and flew to California to get it, and it will be with me ALOT longer than the damn 3500, but there are lots of Forums around for it and virtually ANY other model or vehicle type.

Although this IS a pretty respectful Forum, and there is not alot of crap allowed.

"Anything Goes" may just be asking for trouble! LOL!

Comment

Oh I don't think there should be an "anything goes" lord help the fool that posts about his honda!

Comment

Working...
            X