Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frontier DSL issues, anyone else had them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontier DSL issues, anyone else had them?

So far my 3mb/down 768k/up DSL has been more like 1mb/down 650k/up. I don't do a lot of uploading, but I do do some downloading and online gaming. This the issues with the reduced download speed has not happened until recently which happens to be after Frontier buying out Verizon. I've always hated Verizon, but always had great DSL service, and nothing on my end has changed in the least bit. All of my equipment is the same, including telephone wiring through the house in the last 3 1/2+ years we have been here. So my question is this, has anyone else with old Verizon/now Frontier DSL service seen a reduction in your download speeds in the last few weeks? I've been running test after test after test and it's really starting to make me mad since I pay for 3mb down. I don't pay for 3mb down and expect to get 1mb down, especially after I've had 3mb down for years. I also know what a nightmare it's going to be calling their support as well... What's really weird is it only seems to be download speed, up is close to what I'm supposed to get, and ping seems spot on...

And occasionally I get a fluke like this (but still not what I'm paying for..):

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

call and ask. If nothing has changed, then its on their end.

Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yeah, you and your cable suck I had considered maybe it was my line coming in since we've had snow and rain and such lately, but was wondering if anyone else had any issues, hence the post. I may be asking you if you still have some of that spare CAT5 around that I can use to run a new line to my modem, in case it is on my end. I know CAT5 is an overkill for a phone line for my modem, but better to be an overkill than not be enough.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

I'm on Cox's basic, which I think is also 3M up. Other than that, can't help you out...
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Sure, come on down and get it. If you get a chance to fix up that magnaflux setup for the shop here in town, im sure they would appreciate it I am going to Florida any time after christmas so the sooner you come down for the cat 5, the better:P
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I guess in anada there is great internet

Last edited by mickaz; 12-22-2010, 09:01 PM.
            Mike 60degree addict.
            Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
            sigpic
            65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

I used to be on a better plan, but we decided to try to save money, so lowered it down. For normal browsing, you can't really tell the difference. When downloading, especially when doing a site backup, I wish I was back to the 20+Mb/s plan. But oh well... maybe someday.
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

FiOS is on my Christmas list, but apparently from what I've read, Frontier is a horrible company as far taking care of the customer goes. I guess I was in better hands with Verizon...

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

They must have read this post, lol. I was up to about 2.84 down this am, but I think my wife is online now. At least now I don't have to call griping. I hate calling places like that. I sat on the phone on hold for an hour and a half once trying to get a hold of them when it was Verizon, but at least the patience got me a deal from the guy...

Edit: Here we go... My ping to K-zoo sucks though..

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

They are reading everything you send through their service. I don't know you, why are you posting on this site, what do you want? hahahaha!
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Aren't you the character today... Well, now that I have internet again (it went out totally for a while today) I've decided to move to Comcast since my friend said when he got his he didn't have to do any hookup fees, he loves his and it's $40 a month for internet and VoIP, where as my phone and DSL are ~$80 a month. Our neighborhood isn't very big, and it's mostly older people, so sharing the bandwidth for this neighborhood shouldn't be a big deal even on peak hours. The $250 or so that I heard hookup fees were was the big thing keeping me from moving to it over the summer.
                      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

We kept our cable and then had basic tv because we had to have it. Dad dropped direct tv cause of the service going out randomly, and comcast was out door to door giving better deals. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get no contract and 6 months for 45 a month or something like that. I have vonage still but never use the number. Mostly just my cell for 50 a month. Boost has shrinkage now, so after 6 months of on time payments, it goes down $5 each month. Up to $15 off after a year and a half, which will be nice.
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Wow, that sounds like a nice deal. Right now, Comcasts online deals don't agree with what they are advertising on their main page, so I need to call them tomorrow. I never knew you guys had Direct TV. I know when we had Dish Network, I loved it. Then again, I took a small TV and one of the receivers outside and used the signal strength meters for both satellites Dish uses to read as high as I could get both at the same time, fine tuning each axis of the dish movement. It only went out a couple times in a couple years when we had really really bad rain storms or something. Snow never had an effect on it, and it only took a few minutes more to get it dialed in perfect like that.
                          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

So now that it's official, the Comcast guy is going to be here in a few days. Also the guy on the phone told me they have had a lot of Frontier customers switching to Comcast lately. $39.99/month 12mb internet and unlimited calling telephone service is going to be nice... We tried to watch Fat Albert last night since Melinda got some sort of deal on movie rentals on demand from Amazon and it had to reload 4 times. I'm not going to miss that. At least the internet is a little faster today.

Last edited by pocket-rocket; 01-06-2011, 12:26 AM.
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

I am on Frontier FIOS, I hated Verizon and I hate Frontier even more.
                              Their customer service is horrible.

This is what $43 a month gets me

2000 Grand Am GT
                              2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

Working...
                              X