Bagged a BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unchained01 View Post
    So may I ask what did that puppy set you back ?
    Customer car. No way in hell I can afford this. he has more in the suspension than I paid for both my cars.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I hate when only one set of tires is tucked. Just looks weird. But other than that it seems nice. Gotta love those TT's. First time I heard/saw one was at the track and I was like look at this 325i coming to the track to play with the big boys... Rips of a 12.4 or 12.6, I asked the owner what he had done and he said just a tune and I nearly shit a brick. Then went home and found all about them
      14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Originally posted by young gun View Post
        I hate when only one set of tires is tucked. Just looks weird. But other than that it seems nice. Gotta love those TT's. First time I heard/saw one was at the track and I was like look at this 325i coming to the track to play with the big boys... Rips of a 12.4 or 12.6, I asked the owner what he had done and he said just a tune and I nearly shit a brick. Then went home and found all about them
        If you look at any BMW since 1988, the rear quarter arches are lower than the front, so when the car is even, the rear wheels will tuck - if you have equal wheel gap, the car will have major rake. This is what I loved about my 86 model, I could get the wheel gap the same all around, but my 90 has to have rake, or my wide tire/wheels will rub in the rear.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

I asked the owner what he had done and he said just a tune and I nearly shit a brick.
          That can be a very deceiving statement though... a tune could consist of about 3-8PSI increase on peak boost or something like that. You can gain and stupid amount of power by doing just a stage 1 tune on a Subaru and not touching a single part on it. Obviously when you start doing parts then the power is even more.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
            That can be a very deceiving statement though... a tune could consist of about 3-8PSI increase on peak boost or something like that. You can gain and stupid amount of power by doing just a stage 1 tune on a Subaru and not touching a single part on it. Obviously when you start doing parts then the power is even more.
            Exactly. 340-ish at the wheels is what people get with a tune only. The CANBUS tuning on these things is cool. The steering wheel controls become selectors and can store up to 6 sets of maps, makes the blinker indicators a shift light and when in 80% or more throttle, the fuel gauge becomes a boost gauge. When tapping the buttons with ignition on/engine off, the tack will jump to 1k, 2k, 3k etc to let you know what map you picked.

My other friend/client just did this on his 135i, it even has a race fuel map set up in it. HE took me for a ride with the maps just below race gas and that little car can get it!
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

They already did a photo shoot...

Links:
              WOT-Tech.com
              FaceBook
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                If you look at any BMW since 1988, the rear quarter arches are lower than the front, so when the car is even, the rear wheels will tuck - if you have equal wheel gap, the car will have major rake. This is what I loved about my 86 model, I could get the wheel gap the same all around, but my 90 has to have rake, or my wide tire/wheels will rub in the rear.
                Rake just means it goes faster :P

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                Yeah it is crazy how much more power you can squeeze out of a factory turbo car. Speaking of a subie have you ran yours at the track?
                14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  Exactly. 340-ish at the wheels is what people get with a tune only. The CANBUS tuning on these things is cool. The steering wheel controls become selectors and can store up to 6 sets of maps, makes the blinker indicators a shift light and when in 80% or more throttle, the fuel gauge becomes a boost gauge. When tapping the buttons with ignition on/engine off, the tack will jump to 1k, 2k, 3k etc to let you know what map you picked.

My other friend/client just did this on his 135i, it even has a race fuel map set up in it. HE took me for a ride with the maps just below race gas and that little car can get it!
                  That's got to be one if the coolest things I've ever heard of (besides an emulator) for tuning, lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                  -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                  91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                  92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                  94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                  Originally posted by Jay Leno
                  Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Yeah it is crazy how much more power you can squeeze out of a factory turbo car. Speaking of a subie have you ran yours at the track?
                    No I hope to this year though. At 155k and a daily driver though, I'm not expecting the world from it... I'll take whatever it is... LOL

Got Lope?
                    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
                    X