13.6 in a Corsica?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    The 2.8/3.1 would need a .060" overbore to clear the chamber but I would think the top of the block could be angle cut to clear,since the rings don't go to the top of the bore. Just a thought.

More than that IIRC. .060" would be 1.52mm. The bore is 89mm and when I measured the 3500 chambers, they were a tad over 91mm. I thougt it was more like .080" when I did the math...been wrong before, though
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

I put a 3100 head gasket on the 3500 head and then used clay to make a depression where the gasket overlapped the chamber. Ive been wrong plenty of times as well:P
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Well for the most part on interchangabilty, I am not up to snuff on pushrods. And you pushrod guys think the DOHC is complicated :P
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

thats badass man, congrats. with the methanol, start with around 3gph, anything above and it will bog like crazzzzy
          [SIGPIC]
          12.268@117... 11's to come!
          turbo 3400: 358whp and 365tq at 9 psi
          ASE Master Technician. GM Certified.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibU1k8UZoo
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUqJyopd720

Comment

Ill keep that in mind Midnight. Thanks

FINALLY figured out how to lean the damn thing out so its not running a 10.0 AFR at WOT. I changed some settings and got a 12.6 AFR which I know is alittle lean. I richened it back up a bit but ending up leaving the track before I found out where its at. Got tired of the waiting for the "15min" clean up. I was there for 4hours last night and only got two runs because of rain/spills/etc. Normally I get 4+ runs a night
            1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
            Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
            Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
            1997 Ford Ranger Splash
            Daily Driver

Comment

I saw this car at the track tonight. First run he blew the tires off for an 1/8th mile. I think he went like a 16.1 at 104 for that run.

Next run got traction and I think he went a low 13 at 109

It sounded like an auto tranny too. We left shortly after so not sure if it ran again. Good run though man thats a quick car.

Comment

Corsicas are deceptively stupid quick and good handling for what they are...my grandmother got me one to use for school since my camaro is down atm, I think I am going to buy it off her and turn it into a sleeper, 2700 lbs and .88gs on a skidpad is nothing to scoff at...might actually be quicker than my rather heavily modded 3.4 camaro...Today I opened it up good merging onto the highway, and it just rocketed from ~30 to ~70...modded 3400 TB is my only mod too. But definitely the perfect sleeper car, nobody is going to look twice at a 90s 4 dr sedan, I had a 94 buick century that also had 3100 and there is NO comparison, worlds apart in handling and acceleration both.
                Keep up the good work, you can probably break into 12s running ~12-16 psi on a mostly stock motor, just don't overdo anything till you get the drivetrain and pistons to handle it all.
                But yeah, still can't believe how good these things are, SOO much potential, ESP as a sleeper....Guy at school has a somewhat modded mustang 3.8 I want to race my camaro against, but I think my corsica might actually stand enough of a chance to see what happens, lol. I don't think it would win, but I do think it would be somewhat close at least. Give me something to do till the camaro is up again anyways, and a decent idea what its up against :P
                sigpic
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390342...evrolet-camaro

Comment

Considering this thread is over 3 years old, a lot has changed. The Corsy has since been parted out (referring to your post : 'Keep up the good work, you can probably break into 12s running ~12-16 psi on a mostly stock motor').
                  -Brad-
                  89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                  sigpic
                  Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Holy thread-revival Batman!
                    sigpic
                    "It's your car. Do with it what you wish, but as you enter this unknown world you will need to invent the wheel all over again. For the adventurous and those that are backyard mechanics who have nothing but time you might like this. Most have plenty of frustrating moments and the process usually takes significantly longer then what anyone could imagine. The end result of this conversion is completely up to you." - Jon McCullough of BMCautos.com

Comment

Didn't even notice the age, but if I found it someone else will, especially considering the results for a "corsica" search in this section, its a shame the car got parted out though curious how far it could've gone. Is anybody running a heavily modded corsica around here these days? I might have to pick up the torch myself once my Camaro is sorted out.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390342...evrolet-camaro

Comment

The car ended up in the 12's
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

Working...
                        X