No announcement yet.

95 MC Z34 vs. 95 Firebird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right, we all know adding octane to a motor that can't utilise it won't add any power, but the LQ1 had differing compression depending on year and what tranny it was hooked up to. i'm willing to bet that with no tune, running 87 octane, most LQ1s will pick up knock. there is reason enough to use better fuel, because if you have knock, you're losing power and killing the pistons...

that and if you have the capability, using higher octane fuel allows you to advance the timing a little more, for a little more power.

now if only cars could somehow know what fuel is in the tank and adjust the advance automaticlly...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

alright sounds good...i haven't posted in a week or so but i actually went up last wednesday without my girl and i ran once, 16.2 @ 86 but slow R/T .627

Comment

good god, did the tree wake you up or what?
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

lol it was bad not gonna lie...i jumped when i was waiting for the green but not enough to red light, so i was trying to refocus on starting again when my mind was already half way down the track. plus, it was my first time ever, and i was pretty exhausted

Comment

Working...
          X