95 MC Z34 vs. 95 Firebird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 MC Z34 vs. 95 Firebird?

alright so me and my girlfriend have a little bit of a rivalry going. (yes she's a car nut just like me )

anyways, at a local drag strip they have whats called a "grudge night" where anyone can run their cars. well, she thinks that she can beat me in her 95 firebird with a 3.4, bone stock, with 165k miles on it. and I have my 95 monte carlo Z34 with the 3.4 DOHC, with 98k miles, also bone stock.

I know that I have about 55 horses on her and 25 lb-ft on her. I've also read that my car is about 220 pounds heavier than hers.

I think I can take her but what do you guys think?

she'll get you off the line, but you should overtake her by the end. assuming equally skilled drivers.

EDIT: is her firebird an auto?
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

The TDC should be able to walk it. I stomped my friends 95 firebird with the 3.4 and a manual, with friends in the car when my car was stock. Granted, I'm about 400lbs lighter (but also had friends in the car, so maybe close to equal?). Our cars stock were both ~160hp, but he had headers, exhaust and CAI, and a more efficient trans...

So I think you'll be good. The lumina probably weighs the same, but you have more HP.

The camaros are around 3400 lbs IIRC. As long as you launch clean you'll be fine. Your car should be somewhere in the 15's and the camaro will be in the 16's somewhere I would guess.

Don't run with TOO low of fuel though that your pump gets starved and sucks air... I ran with about 1/2 tank on the gauge, which is really less than that. When it gets to 1/4 or so my car really does loose power as it starts getting air in the line.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

yes her's is a auto

Comment

the she WILL get to the 60ft mark before you, but you will get to the 1320ft mark before she does...
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

cool it'll give a little suspense haha

any easy tricks to make her run a little faster? I'm gonna take my pass. seat out and my subs (20 lbs easy)

Comment

remove your left headlight, assuming you don't already have a FWI
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

FWI?

Comment

if you don't know you don't have one

FenderWell intake
                  Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

oh. duh. just went and looked. yeah i do haha

anything else?
                    Last edited by mmltml; 06-21-2009, 08:26 PM.

Comment

get some 93 octane and NOS octane boost should help a lil bit lolol or maybe some C-16? =X

Comment

higher octane fuel is a must with the LQ1... the NOS octane boost isn't worth shit, i have the racing formula(+7) for the 2 stroke harley my dad bought a while ago...

it raises your octane .7 points.... not worth the cost...
                        Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

its worth it to win! lol

Comment

Originally posted by tonygtp View Post
                            its worth it to win! lol
                            he's already got a clear advantage without any kind of help... just use premium fuel and it will have full power. adding octane boosters doesn't help unless you can take advantage of them through tuning, even then its more cost efficient to buy higher octane gasoline...
                            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                              higher octane fuel is a must with the LQ1
                              Whats the compression ratio on a LQ1??

If its not over 9.5:1 higher octane is a waste of money.

The good ole octane is POWA argument will start below this line...

__________________________________________________ _______________

Got Lope?
                              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
                              X