Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st!

I take the honors, thankyou.

I rev to 3 and pop the clutch on street tires, 3500 on slicks.
    2001 Mustang GT
    1991 5spd Lumina Z34 - Dead
    1947 4spd International - Dead... Reincarnation pending.. getting close now .

HUH ? :wtf1:
    New member of 200,000 mile club as of May 16, 2005

Comment

i have a slow 1320

1995 Monte Carlo LS
      3400 SFI 60v6
      FFP Underdrive Pulley, S&S Headers, LSD, ODBII Swap, DHP

Comment

um......what are you guys talking about???
        I Like V660s
        Does Chevy make beer
        ~Jayme~

Comment

1320ft = 1/4 mile

good way to know someone who goes to the track on the regular and someone who never or rearly does or just doesnt pay attention

1995 Monte Carlo LS
          3400 SFI 60v6

Comment

Originally posted by Manitcor
            i have a slow 1320

lol j/k

Comment

I rev it to 3k and drop the clutch...and smoke the tires through 2 gears. Or, I lauch off idle and bog it and run a 4 second 60 foot. That was my track experience with the DOHC 5 speed. No ET worth posting from either experience.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I got a few 2.0x 60-fts He He Yeah!

Silly Whale.....
                Lorenzo
                '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Originally posted by Manitcor
                  i have a slow 1320
                  i redefine slow.

17.43@78mph with my 86z24. at that point it still had my 4 speed in it. my best with my 5 speed is a 17.62@77mph, but this was with my 17s on the car.

Comment

i rev mine to 6000 rpm and dump the clutch on slicks :P

have to ease it out of the hole at 1500-2000 rpm on street tyres, otherwise there is just alot of smoke and going nowhere going on.
                    Colin
                    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                    90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

hoping to be sligtly less slow after this weekend, have a "ghetto" cutout setup, have fixed my leaky manifolds and a few other issues. Too bad im still running 3100 injectors on a stock 3100 PCM code. I cant with till I get this ODBII upgrade in.

I normally rev to about 1500-2000 and ease it out as well, the car is a torquey beast and breaks them loose at the lowend. I tend to always spin my tires the first 30-40'. I just need to learn how to drive.

1995 Monte Carlo LS
                      3400 SFI 60v6

Comment

ok i lied... I rev to 1500 and let off easily. I wanted to make it sound like my car gripped like no other.
                        I tried for a 1/4 mile run the other day with my broken engine mount and bald tires. Well the first 25ft was a waste of life because all i did was a smoke show (ya i revved to 2 and popped the clutch and then floored it) once the tires stopped spinning i shifted into second expecting another 4-6 feet of spinning as usual, but apparently my clutch is deciding to be a prick so not even a chirp, plus the whole broken polybone probably reduced squeel, either way it didn't help my time any. Long story short, it was a waste of a 1/4 mile run, 17.8 or something, with at least a second and a half of tire spin resulting in my car not moving. And yes this wasn't a serious attempt, best time to date is a corrected 15.7 or something, so pretty close to stock... only i have my short ram/cold air intake adding about 3hp... plus my 150lbs stereo.
                        2001 Mustang GT
                        1991 5spd Lumina Z34 - Dead
                        1947 4spd International - Dead... Reincarnation pending.. getting close now .

Comment

Originally posted by v6h.o.
                          i rev mine to 6000 rpm and dump the clutch on slicks :P

have to ease it out of the hole at 1500-2000 rpm on street tyres, otherwise there is just alot of smoke and going nowhere going on.

nice
                          I Like V660s
                          Does Chevy make beer
                          ~Jayme~

Comment

Working...
                          X