This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped And Now The Exhausting Questions

Ok, First I know that I was a member of this site. I went to log in and now I have no account?

Anyways.

I have a 93 GP with a L67 (3.8 s/c) in it.

I have a stock down pipe for the 3.8 cut off at the cat. Then a pipe attached to it and connect to the stockish rear exhaust.

Now, I have been told to get 3 inch from the down pipe to the y then 2 1/2 from there out.

I want to have a simular sound to my 2000 daytona. It has the stock exhaust with the res taken out and the cat gutted.

I would rather buy a exhaust and bolt it up. I assume that there isnt one. There was a borla a long time ago but, now it is gone.

So the next best is to have one made.

I wanted to purchase the mufflers from the net so I could save some green.

Anyone know the offset on the mufflers?
    Any advise on the exhaust?
    Any Advise on the muffler?

we dont deal with 90*v6 (3800) here
    your prolly thinking of l67swap.com
    that is why you didnt have an acount here? lol

this site specializes in 60*v6's ie 2.8, 3.1, 3.4 ect...

the 93 grand prix uses side in/center out
    Last edited by sil; 04-19-2007, 08:59 PM.

Comment

it has been a while for you hasn't it? You had the car with the Garfield tail back at the 1st 60degree meet?

As for the exhaust, both on my car are offset-in, center out. However if you're going to have something custom built then it doesn't matter. Use whichever ones would give you the most room. I actually switched offset sides on my drivers side muffler for clearance, when I had mine built.
      Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
      3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
      Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
      2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
      TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

youd probably get the answers you are looking for on clubgp.com
        I modify stuff

Comment

You know we are all for the same goal.

I am NOT thinking of l67 swap. I was a memeber there toooo. Just fyi L67swap is no longer a site. It is under a new name (motorswap.org) and includes all types. Including the 3100/3400 swap.

Now, if you dont think I belong here fine. I was a member a while ago. Also FYI i have probably been in the mod sites for GPs long before you. I have had my 93 GP SE since 1995. I have been modding cars and helping with stuff since then, I was also one of the test mules of the first flashed chips.
          by GPXSS

Just so you know I also have many cars that "FIT" here if you dont think that my swapped gp is good enough.

LIKE:
          00 Grand Am GT with 3400 ram air
          95 Grand Prix 3100
          93 Parts car 3.1 MPFI
          00 Grand Prix GTP
          00 Regal GS (no engine)

I guess being on the boards back when we all started this for you isnt good enough.

For those that helped thanks.
          Last edited by GP4U2NV; 04-20-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

um...well I dunno what happened to your account but if it was from when we were on gmforums...yeah, its gone. Giving people shit cause you are asking us about your L67 swapped GP when they don't know you from any other 2 post member is kinda bullshit don't you think?

If you had just asked for the muffler setup without mention of the motor, no one would know or care that its an L67. I guess when you ditched us after the first day of the first meet, you went and checked out L67 stuff cause anyone that has been around this site since the beginning would know not to start posting about that engine. Our members are polite enough to tell you that this site is not L67 based and that there is/was another site for you called l67swap.com. If that isn't good enough for you, thanks for stopping by.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              um...well I dunno what happened to your account but if it was from when we were on gmforums...yeah, its gone. Giving people shit cause you are asking us about your L67 swapped GP when they don't know you from any other 2 post member is kinda bullshit don't you think?

If you had just asked for the muffler setup without mention of the motor, no one would know or care that its an L67. I guess when you ditched us after the first day of the first meet, you went and checked out L67 stuff cause anyone that has been around this site since the beginning would know not to start posting about that engine. Our members are polite enough to tell you that this site is not L67 based and that there is/was another site for you called l67swap.com. If that isn't good enough for you, thanks for stopping by.

Look, I am not here to fight. The long time members should remember me. The new ones I can understand.

The other thing is why would you advise anyone that they sould go somewhere else? Our numbers are few, our cars are fewer.

I NEVER bash anyone for any mod choise or action they take it is there car.

The reason I included the information is b/c I didnt think it was fair to have someone reply and suggest that I use a 2.5 and then me reply that I have a
              l67.

As far as the ditching. I had to work the next day and I also, was not into racing like that back then (am now). I drove the 2.5 hours to meet people and hang out with people with the same love.

Drove home the next day, just so I could say I was there.

Comment

Cue up "My War" by black flag...

Locked.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                X