2002 chevy 3100 lim question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 chevy 3100 lim question

hi all just need an opinion here .. my mom picked up an 2002 chevy malibu with the 3100 in it ... has 54000 + on it should she be looking into the lim replacment already? she has had no signs of any leaks as of yet and there have been no temp issues with it so far .. but just wanted to know if she should get this done sometime soon or have the replacemnts been done to it by gm already... thanks for all ideas and replys ... paul

It will probably leak sometime but when you replace them is up to you. After it starts to leak, right now, or wait and see if you need to tear into it for something else later.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

If you are going to keep the car for a long while and want peace of mind then do it now with the metal felpro gaskets. Then you don't have to worry about it ever. It's the only real main thing that goes wrong or needs attention on these motors.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

2002 chevy 3100 lim question

hi all thanks for the replys ... i will let my mom know whats up and to keep an eye out for probs.. she lives in georgia and im in wisconsin so bit of a prob getting to her but will pass the info on... thanks ..paul

Comment

Working...
        X