2nd geussing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd geussing

you know when you've done something a ton of times and then dont get the right result you start to question yourself?
    Well, i'm questioning myself.
    so dumb question, if you pull an IAC out, keep it hooked to the harness, key on engine off, and then use your scanner to increase the count, shouldn't it move?
    I went to start my achieva today, 3.4 swapped, and she pulled a 3k RPM idle, then fired off a code and proceeded to rev from 1500 to 1900. I blocked the TB with my hand and she tried to suck it down her throat then died. I haven't smoked her yet. I did ohm the IAC and came up with no shorts to ground/power, and 45 ohms and both a-b and c-d coils, with infinite reading on b-c and a-d. When i tried to make it move with my scan tool it did nothing.
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

I don't think it moves with the key off, except right after you shut the engine off. I think that's the only time it moves with the key off.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

has to be on, and if you don't stop it, the pintle will pop right out as well.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        has to be on, and if you don't stop it, the pintle will pop right out as well.
        when it is a functional unit, this is what happens.

Jon is correct about the IAC moving after key off as well, it's part of the reset procedure.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

vaccum leak... forget something? like a brake booster hose maybe?

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

ya, commanding a functional unit with scan tool makes it move. I replaced it and all went right back to normal. Weird that it didn't move yet tested out good on the ohm meter.
            sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
            A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
            Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
            Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
            PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Originally posted by bob442 View Post
              vaccum leak... forget something? like a brake booster hose maybe?
              Done this one a few times...
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
              X