3.1 idle speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.1 idle speed

What is the ideal idle speed for the LH0 3.1? On a cold morning (say 25ºF), immediately after starting the motor settles down to about a 1200 rpm idle and after about 2 min is down to 900-1000 rpm. When the motor is fully warmed up after 1/2 hour of driving it idles around 600-700. Is this the proper idle speed for this motor?

BTW, I already followed the idle relearn procedure on this site, although I have seen other methods out there.
    \'90 Cutlass Supreme SL coupe - 3.1L LH0 V6/HM 4T60 -- every factory option
    Flowmaster 40 - no cat // K&N FilterCharger // KYB GR-2\'s // Stant 180º SuperStat

Like I said in on W-body, what you said is normal. Mine does the same thing every cold morning.
    Robby Whitesell
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT
    1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

The idle RPM is a lookup table in the computer based on coolant temp. It is acting exactly as it should.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

When I got my e-test done my engine was idling at just over 700RPM if I remember correctly, and this is with a warm engine of course. This is on paper, not going by the tach which is not as accurate.

You're engine sounds like it runs just like mine.. don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
        X